Battle Frontier

(Hey, readers listen I'm sorry I accidentally update the wrong chapter so heres the real one)

Shane POV

After Adam and Janice explained everything to us, We were surprised the energy projector not absorb the energy but gave Rea the power. Apu told us that it was suppose to open portal but it wasn't program to do that. While Apu is scanning on the device to investigate, using his PDA with Rea. I turned to the group heroes who were discussing about their matters. "The dispersal of the virus was relatively limited. No more than 10 blocks have been exposed, and at minimal levels it could have been much worse." Captain Marvel said. "And the symbiote's been destroyed, thank goodness." I said. "But..we were exposed." Chun Li said. "Confirmed. I'm detected traces in the of every one of us, synthetic and organic alike."Dr. Light said gravely.

"So how long...before we turn?" Ryu asked.

"Its hard to say....Hours rather than days. I can find no way to suppress the progress of the virus. Therefore, I only see one solution to all of this....Ultron Sigma must be destroyed." Dr. Light said. "Great... Until Ultron Sigma bites the dust, we're all a bunch of ticking time bombs." Rea said.

"However, only the four of you were not exposed to the gas."

Everyone stared at us in a surprised and puzzled look as Chris said, "What do you mean they are not exposed to the gas? Why they're not affected?"I was confused at first until Apu spoke up, "Perhaps I have the answer...."We turned to him as he explained, "When we stood behind Alice, I remembered the bubble staff was shield active only if it detects danger so it shielded around us."

Janice said, "Well, I'm glad we're not exposed to the gas." "Thats good news for us. Now that we're back together, we can get out of this crazy war. Apu"I said. My friends were shocked as Adam said, "What? Shane we can't leave this world....we might need their help."

"Adam, you know as well as I that this isn't our war and we'll get hurt easily here. THeres no way you guys are gonna get killed, we're going home and thats final. This is their war, not ours."

They were shocked by my outburst but yet they weren't affected, I notice they're still staring at me which made me puzzled. Adam said to me, "Shane get into that thick skull of yours. We can't leave..."

"Why not?"

"Dr. Light mentioned only four of us weren't affected by virus and we were protected by Janice's shield."

I still didn't get it until Janice realize what he meant. "Rea wasn't protected by the shield. That means...."SHe said. "She's exposed to the gas..."Adam said gravely which made me shocked. Dr. Light scanned on Rea and said, "Indeed I detected traces of it inside of  her system." I was so dumbstruck that I didn't knew Rea got caught by the gas. Adam said, "And think about it, Shane. If we bring Rea to our world, who knows what side effects that might affect her. Plus, we can't bring Rea looking like that."He gestured to Rea in her cosmic hero outfit which prove his point. I didn't thought about it and I felt angry as I said, "Maybe if Apu hadn't built the device in the first place, none of this ever happen." 

Apu looked shocked by his accusation and argued, "Me? Your the one who tried to break the device when I told you it was unstable." THe heroes watch the two boys argue amongst themselves. Adam tried to stop them but instead took part of the argument. Janice stared at them and hated when her friends fight over. She said, not taking it anymore, "Guys, STOP IT!!!" The three boys turned to Janice who Rea was comforting her. "Arguments isn't going to help us solve any problem."Janice said. Chun li said, "She's right, it won't help you if keep arguing yourselves. You should think about Rea, she is your friend."We knew she was right and felt ashamed that we've been arguing for petty reasons.