Chapter 3, Afraid To Die Alone

*Rocky's P.O.V.*

"Dude, what will it take to get you out of the house?" Ryland asked desperately.

"I don't want to get out of the house," I mumbled, keeping my head down. My siblings finally managed to drag me out of my room and hang out in the living room with them. But I wouldn't call it hanging out. It was more of like they were trying to be my therapists.

"Come on. That's how we cured you last time," he persisted. He was really starting to get on my nerves. I just wanted to crawl back in my bed and never leave.

"This isn't like last time."

"Come on, dude. Ryland's onto something. Last time, we got you to the beach and you met a girl. Who's to say it won't happen again?" Ross joined in.

"I'm the one to say it won't happen again," I grumbled at my annoying little brothers. They'll never understand.

"Just give it a chance, Rocky. You need someone to cheer you up, and we obviously aren't cutting it," Ryland said.

"You better fucking believe you aren't cutting it!" I started yelling. "You two just don't get it, do you?"

"Rocky, that's enough," Riker tried to get me to cool down.

"No, it's not enough!" I snapped, standing up quickly. "I've had it with you two trying to do me favors. I don't need you! It's not like I can find a girl to be happy, I want my girl. Skylar is the only one I want, and if I can't have her, then I'll die alone! Fuck you!" I pointed at Ryland. "Fuck you!" then at Ross. "And fuck you!" and finally at Riker. He threw his hands up, giving me the what-did-I-do look.

I started to storm out of the living room, but I didn't get far before a hand was on my shoulder, whipping me to face the other direction. "You know what, bro? You are gonna die alone, because Skylar doesn't want you! You fucked up, and now you have to live with yourself!" Ryland yelled at me. My body filled with white hot rage, clouding my vision and my common sense. Before I could control myself, my fist connected with his jaw, knocking him on his ass. He laid on the ground in shock, while my other siblings stood in the doorway of the living room, afraid to approach me.

"Stop telling me shit I already know, Captain-fucking-Obvious," I growled, shuffling angrily down the hallway and to my room. I slammed my door shut with my foot, and flopped face first onto my bed.

As I sulked in the reality of Ryland's words, my pillows were soaked in no time. Hot tears leaked from my eyes like water from a broken faucet.

I was gonna die alone. All because of a mistake that can no longer be fixed.