Chapter 14, Stumbling Through the Door After 6AM

*Sky's P.O.V.*

"What do you mean he's not coming back?!" I yelled at my eldest brother.

"He's not coming back, Skylar," he simply stated. "He caught a plane back home, he said it in this text."

"Are you fucking kidding me," I sighed, situating my head in my hands. Rocky sat next to me on the couch, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Rocky, please," I barked, ripping his arm off me.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"How come the only fucking time you guys come around is when I'm in the hospital? You're the only family I have, so why don't you ever visit, huh?" I yelled again.

"Well I don't see you booking a flight to New York!" Isaac snapped.

"Is it the house? Do you just not want to come here because you know Mom isn't here anymore?" I shot back.

"I'm done with this," Isaac sighed, heading towards the front door.

"Don't you walk away from me!" I screamed, trying my best to follow him. "Isaac Pierce, get your ass back here! You're not leaving me, too!"

"I'm not leaving, I just need a break from this all," Isaac muttered as he walked through the door. It shut with force, rattling the pictures on the walls. The house was filled with silence, and it almost made me forget about Rocky's presence.

"I'm sorry, Sky," he whispered from behind me. At that point, I couldn't hold back my tears of frustration. I pulled at my hair, letting out very unattractive wails. Rocky pressed me up against his chest, and I didn't object this time. "Just let it out, I'm right here," he soothed, gently running his fingers through my hair, and his injured hand lay resting at the small of my back.

"W-why does every person I-I've ever loved decide t-to leave me," I hiccuped into his shoulder.

"I know I'm guilty of that, but I'll never leave you again. That's a promise. I'll always be here," he cooed. I continued to cry into his chest as he held me, the stress of my family finally making me crack. I cried from agony of losing my parents, and my unhealthy relationship with my only siblings.

"Why can't I have an amazing family like yours?" I whimpered into his tear-soaked shirt.

"I'll share mine with you," he offered, and I could feel his sympathetic smile against my neck. "Let's go lay down. I'm sure you could use some cuddles, and you still need to be resting as well."

"I won't object," I sniffled, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. Rocky put his hands on the back of my thighs, picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist. I squeaked in surprise as he did so. He brought me up to my room, and laid down on his back, with me directly on top of him. "I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"I get it. You're recovering and you're very irritable," he said as he sifted his fingers through my hair.

"I wonder where Isaac could've gone," I thought out loud.

"I honestly have no idea," Rocky muttered. "Let's not worry about it now. Get some rest." Upon hearing this, I snuggled further into his chest, and he wrapped the blanket around our tangled figures.

"I love you," I said sleepily.

"I love you, too."

---

I woke up with my cheek still pressed against Rocky's chest. My arm draped over his torso, and his casted arm was wrapped around my waist. A dim light shone through the window, letting me know that the sun had barely peeked over the horizon. It couldn't have been much later than six in the morning. The silence was interrupted by the sound of glass breaking in the kitchen. Isaac.

I slowly slipped out of Rocky's grip, trying to take caution with my ribs. They still hurt, but the pain was dull compared to when I first woke up in the hospital.

"Isaac?" I called out as I hobbled down the steps. I made my way to the kitchen to see him sweeping glass up from the floor. What really caught my eye was the blonde woman standing a few feet away from him. "What's going on here?"

"Sorry, Skylar. I dropped a glass, but I've got it covered," he groaned, rubbing his forehead like he had a headache. Son of a bitch probably had a hangover.

"I'm not talking about the glass, Isaac," I said sternly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, uh," he mumbled, looking at the girl. "This wasn't how I planned to introduce you guys."

"Then you shouldn't have brought her to my house."

"Skylar, chill. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I was just really pissed, so I met up with my girlfriend and we had a few drinks," he defended himself.

"Well, at least she's not some random bimbo you dragged here for a one night stand. I was about to kill you," I sighed. "I'm sorry about the awkward meeting. I'm Skylar, his sister," I said to the girl.

"Alexa," she nodded awkwardly. "Nice to meet you."

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I heard from behind me. I turned to see Rocky walking towards us in only a pair of sweats.

"Rocky?" Alexa asked. "Huh, didn't recognize you with the short hair."

"Don't act like we're friends," he growled.

"Ok, I'm lost," I interrupted. Rocky sighed and grabbed my hand, leading me away from the kitchen. He brought me to the small hallway near the front door.

"That's my ex. You know, the one that cheated on me," he said.

"So, my brother is dating your cheating ex?" I asked in disbelief. "Oh my god, this is so fucked up."

"You don't say," he mumbled.

What do I do now?