Chapter 11, Don't Wanna See You Cry

*Rocky's P.O.V.*

I walked down the bland hallway with my head hung low and my non-injured hand in my pocket. A couple of tears managed to escape once I left her room.

I felt like a complete asshole.

She'd saved my life, yet I still managed to give her a hard time about the breakup. In reality, I never deserved her forgiveness in the first place. I'd brought the situation onto myself because I was too drunk and oblivious. But she was right. In some twisted way, this whole event brought us back together. But, as always, I'd managed to fuck it up. Way to go, Rocky.

"Where're you off too, young man?" I heard a soft voice from behind me. I turned around to see Sky's nurse.

"I was just leaving," I mumbled.

"Why? Don't you have someone you need to be with at the moment?" she pushed, walking a little closer to me.

"I said something, and we got into a fight," I responded quietly, hanging my head in shame.

"Did she seem to snap at you? Like, all of a sudden?" she asked.

"Kind of. I get why she'd be upset with what I said, but I don't think I've ever heard that many swears fly out of her mouth at once. It was pretty out of character for her."

"Honey, she has a concussion," she soothed, trying to ease me nerves.

"And?"

"Behavioral issues are a symptom, especially if the frontal lobe of her brain is affected. So if she seems to be off-character, that's why," she explained, throwing a bunch of medical hoopla in my face.

"Ok, I guess that makes sense."

"You just have to be patient with her. Give her some time to cool off and go talk to her," she instructed with a soft tone. I nodded, taking in her advice.

"Thank you," I smiled to her.

"No problem, honey," she smiled back. She gave me a slight nod before turning and walking away to get back to her job.

I figured I'd just sit in the waiting room and give her some time alone before I go talk to her. I sat down in a chair and pulled my phone out. I then noticed that I had a text from Rydel.

Del: How is she?

Rock: She's ok, just in a lot of pain.

Del: Did you guys talk?

Rock: Yea.

Del: And?

Rock: It was going good... Until I said something stupid and we got into a fight.

Del: Rocky Mark Lynch, I swear to god you are cursed.

Rock: Yea I know. But hey, the nurse told me behavioral issues are a symptom of her concussion, so she'll be off-character for a while.

Del: Well, at least it's normal. Now go fix things and get your girl back!

Rock: One step ahead of you, Del.

After I set my phone down, I noticed about twenty minutes had passed. I figured it would be safe to go back to her room, and hopefully she wasn't still upset with me.

I walked back down the long hallway before I was in front of her door. I took in a deep breath before gently knocking, entering after doing so. Sky laid flat on her back and stared at the ceiling. When she turned to me, I noticed the stains of dried tears on her face. I went over to her and, out of instinct, wiped the tear stains from her cheeks with the pads of my thumbs. "I'm sorry," I whispered as my hands stayed on her cheeks.

"I know you didn't mean it," she responded quietly, but still avoiding eye contact.

"Hey, look at me," I requested. Her eyes met mine, and they were still red from crying. "I don't want to be the reason why you cry. I can't take it anymore."

"And I'm sorry for going bitch-mode on you. I really don't know where that came from," she apologized.

"It's ok. The nurse told me it's a symptom. We just have to be patient with each other," I told her. I then realized that I'd been absentmindedly stroking her cheek bone with my thumb.

"Can we just forget that happened?" she asked with a weak smile.

"Yea," I smiled to her. I placed a lingering kiss on her forehead, and she cupped my face in her hands.

"You missed."

"How did I miss?" I asked with a slight chuckle. I had no clue what she was on about.

"My lips are down here," she smiled. I playfully rolled my eyes. I gently pressed my lips to hers, and her arms wrapped around my neck. Our lips slowly moved together as I felt her fingers interlock with my hair. She chuckled into my lips, causing me to pull away.

"What?" I laughed.

"Your hair is longer," she stated simply. But I knew exactly what she was talking about. I smiled as I remembered all the times I used to tease her about my hair. She was always frustrated with how short it was, and how she could never run her fingers through it.

"Indeed it is," I responded.

"Just kiss me," she demanded as she pulled me back down. We kissed again, but with more passion. I cupped her cheek with my palm as I gave her everything I had. Her fingers ran through my hair, and she gave it a slight tug, making a groan pass through my lips.

"We're gonna have to stop this here. I don't think the staff would appreciate it if I took you on this bed," I said as I pulled away. She smiled and slapped my arm.

"You're disgusting," she laughed, slightly clutching her stomach from the pain it caused.

"You love me," I spoke teasingly.

"You keep telling yourself that," she smiled. I smiled back, placing a chaste kiss on her lips. "So, I'm gonna guess you met my brothers in the waiting room."

"Indeed, I did," I responded vaguely.

"And?" she pressed me to elaborate.

"Isaac is nice, but Xander... He's a piece of work," I told her, leaving out specific details.

"Oh my god, Xander," she muttered under her breath. "What'd he do to you?"

"Well, he was about to beat the shit out of me, but Isaac held him back. And let's just say I got a few death threats. Nice guy," I spoke, giving an eye roll at the last statement.

"I'm gonna kill him," she muttered under her breath.

"How about we wait until you're recovered for any killing to take place," I chuckled as I kissed her forehead. She smiled slightly. We stayed silent for a few minutes, simply relishing in each other's company. I broke that silence after a while, saying, "You should probably get some rest."

"Hold me?" she begged, holding an arm out to me.

"Baby, you're hurt and I don't want to move you. I don't want to cause you any more pain," I soothed as I pushed a few stray pieces of hair out of her face.

"Fine," she sighed, knowing I was right.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise. Once you're better, you can hold me as long as your heart desires."

"I'll hold you to that," she smiled as she poked my chest.

"I'm sure you will."

(A/N) Here's two new updates for you guys. Merry Christmas!

I'm not sure if it happens to all people, but when I had a concussion, I was very snippy. I had gotten into several arguments, one leaving me and a good friend in not-speaking-terms for a month. There's some kind of chemical reaction when you hit the frontal lobe of your brain, and your personality is all out of whack. So I just used a little bit of experience to back up Sky's case.