New Enemy

Team seven arrived outside of room 301, only to be greeted by their sensei.

"I'm glad you came Sakura, for your sake and the others," was the first thing Kakashi said which made everyone excluding Akira confused, "Now you can all formally register for the chunin exam,"

"Why? What do you mean?" asked a confused Sakura, trying to figure out how she played a role into becoming chunin.

"You see, only groups of three are allowed to apply for and take the exams, that's the way it's always been," explained Kakashi.

"But sensei you said the decision to take the exam was up to the individual," said Sakura, she was confused as to why her sensei had to lie about such an important thing.

"That's right, I did," said Kakashi, slightly looking away.

"Was that a lie?"

"Well sort of, it is an individual decision but it affects all of you, I didn't want to tell you before because I didn't want the others pressuring you," explained Kakashi to which Naruto nodded his head in understanding.

"At the same time I didn't want you to feel obliged to participate for any feeling that you might have for any of your team members, I wanted you to come to a decision of your own will," explained Kakashi.

"Wait a minute, do you mean that if the others had shown up but I didn't..." Trailed off Sakura, afraid to continue.

"It would've been the end of the line for Sasuke and Naruto. Akira is taking the exams alone, so it wouldn't have affected her in any way," explained Kakashi to the others.

"But never less, you're all here for the right reasons, Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and Akira, I couldn't ask for a better team. Good luck," said Kakashi with a closed eye smile.

After their brief conversation they started walking through the doors to finally register.

"Wait Akira, we need to talk, the rest of you go on," said Kakashi, grabbing Akira by her shoulders to stop her from going in.

"I have a pretty good idea of why I have to go in alone," She said to her sensei.

"The Hokage thinks that it's best if you do these exams alone, I also agreed to this," explained Kakashi.

"I can see why, I have no problems doing this alone. In fact, I'm glad I'm doing this alone," She responded, which was true.

"Go do your best, oh and here," said Kakashi, handing her a bag full of some kind of pills.

"What are these?" She asked as she took the small bag from him.

"These pills will control your hunger if you ever get out of control," explained Kakashi, "but these will only control your hunger for a brief time, maybe a few hours, they will run out quickly,"

"Thank you," She says putting the little bag away safely. She knew what these pills were, they were still flesh but contained in a small capsule to make them look normal.

"Now you can go, best of luck to you,"

"I'll do my best," She says whilst turning around to open the grand doors.

Behind those doors were hundreds of other genin ninja from different lands. Akira had to admit that she never expected there to be this much competition.

"Aki-chan over here!" Yelled Naruto, bringing her attention to the other nine rookies.

"Hah, this only gets better. So the infamous Akira has shown up," said Kiba, chuckling a little.