The written exam

"Poor kid is probably all messed up now," said the voice of a man.

"We don't know what Orochimaru did to her, I'm counting on you and Inoichi to gather that information as soon as possible," said a familiar voice.

"Yes, lord hokage,"

~

"I am Ibiki Morino, your proctor and from this moment, your worst enemy," said Ibiki who was standing among many other men, who Akira believed were chunin.

"But first, you candidates from the village hidden in the sound. Knock it off! Who told you you could fight!? Do you want to die before we've even begun?!" yelled Ibiki in anger as he pointed towards the direction of the rookie group.

"Sorry, it's our first time, I guess we're still a little jumpy, sir," apologized one of the sound genin, though it was clear that they weren't sorry at all.

"I will say this once, there will be no combat with other candidates, no fighting without the permission of your proctor, and even then the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited, any one who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately, got it?" Explained Ibiki while the rest listened quietly in fear of getting disqualified.

"No fatal force? Well that's no fun," a sound genin said cockily but was otherwise ignored by Ibiki.

"Now if we're ready we'll proceed to the first stage of the chunin exams, you will turn in your paperwork, in return you will each get a number, that number will determine where you sit, we will start the written test once you are all seated," ordered Ibiki which made Naruto freak out a little, he was never good at written exams.

"Say what? A written test?" questioned Naruto in confusion.

"NOO!!!! Not a written test! No way!!!" Screamed Naruto as he fell to his knees dramatically onto the cold concrete floor.

"Get ahold of yourself Naruto, now let's go," Akira said to him as she dragged him across the room to where there were many lines to turn in paperwork and receive a number.

~

After receiving a number the genin were ordered to go inside to the testing room to look for their seats.

"Let's see... number 97," Akira said to myself, sitting down once she found her assigned seat that already had a paper flipped over.

Well damn, I feel a little nervous now

Don't worry, Naruto is doing much worse than you are

True. I won't worry about it, not now anyways, I've trained hard for this day.

She was interupted when she felt someone sit next to her, she turned her head over to see that Gaara had sat next to her. Akira smirked slightly at the fact that she wasn't sitting next to some annoying girl, she was glad it was Gaara.

Gaara also looked to see who was sitting next to him for a split second but immediately looked away towards the front once he had seen the girl. He would never admit it, but he was glad that he got to sit next to Akira.

"Alright all eyes up here, there will be no questions and I will only explain myself once, so you better listen up," ordered Ibiki as he started writing down the rules, "alright, rule number one is this: the first part of the exam is conducted on a reduced point system, contrary to what some of you may be used to, you all begin with the perfect score of 10 points, one point will be deducted for every question you get wrong, so if you miss 3, your final score will be 7," explained Ibiki as he finally turned to face the crowd once again, "rule number 2: students will pass or fail based on the final results of all team members," said Ibiki, making everybody in the room either smirk or groan.