CHAPTER SIX

A/N INFO FOR CHAPTER COMING LATER IN THE STORY, REECE'S FAMILY IN PARTICULAR HAS A TERRIBLE HISTORY WITH FIRES AND BRENDON HAS A BAD HISTORY WITH HARRY. JUST AN FYI.

(If you didn't read the authors note go back and read it. I'm waiting....... just for you...... If you read, skip ahead and give yourself 10 ice cream points.)

When second period is over, I have my free period. When I was little, I always wanted one of these. Now that I have one, wow...... it's incredibly boring. All I'm doing is sitting here. I don't think the roomies have free period right now, they would be here. I'll just watch a movie.

About half an hour later, someone is unlocking the door. I hear someone singing, Dylan. She's singing On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons. I decide to scare her, because there's nothing better to do. I turn off the T.V. and hide in the kitchen. I go in one of the random big, empty cupboards. I hear her come in and set things down on our marble-top counter. She opens the cupboard I'm in and puts things on the top shelf. I grab her leg and she screams, "GHOST, OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! Oh, it's just you Reece. WHAT THE HELL?!" I crackup, "I was so bored. You just happened to walk in and I had to do something" She sighs, " Go outside or sonething." I shrug, "Why not," and leave.

As I walk to the campus Starbucks, Harry grabs my shoulder, "Hey, we ended on a bad note. Why can't we hang out? We were friends for a while, well, somewhat." I shake my head, "No, we can't hang out. I've never been friends with a fire, never will be." I walk farther away, but Harry catches up to me. I see Brendon out of the corner of my eye. He walks over, "Reece, who's your friend?" I face him, "He's not my friend. He's a fire. Now, Harry, please go away." Brendon and Harry glare at each other for several long moments, and finally Harry walks away. Weird. I smile, "Thanks Brendon, I owe you one." His face suddenly turns serious, "Don't hang out with him, Reece. He's trouble, he's a fire. Don't trust him." I agree, "I won't."

I feel a pang of guilt tug at my chest. How could I abandon Harry like that? What kind if human being am I? I'll have to talk to him later. I can't leave him like that. Damn my conscience. He's a fire, I shouldn't feel bad about this.

When my free period is over, I head over to the lunch room and look for a table. I find an empty one and try to loom for the roomies and Brendon. The only success I have is finding Brendon. I decide to call the girls, calling Dylan first.

"Hello?"

"Dyl, where are you guys?"

"Reece?"

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Whoa girl, calm down. We're by the fountains, waiting for you."

"Wait, you're not even inside the lunch room? I'm at the table by the back entrance."

"Reece, let's eat outside. All of us are already here, the fountains give us a great view, come to us."

"Okay."

I explain to Brendon whet the girls are sitting and we head over there. Dylan waves us over and we sit. Luna seems excited, "Who's your boyfriend?" Brendon stands there awkwardly and I shake my head, "He's not my boyfriend." Luna turns toward Brendon, "Haven't made a move yet, huh buddy?" Brendon's face looks like a tomato, just like my cheeks. I say something before she can continue, "Your not afraid to speak your mind, are you?" She smiles, "Nope."

I laugh at the comment and Luna joins in. I should get to know her better. The roomies and I start a conversation, and I know Brendon feels left out. I lean over to him, "You know you can leave if you want to." His lips near my ear, "Why would I want to leave? I enjoy your company." As I feel the breath of his words hitting my ear, I suddenly wish he was Harry.