chapter eleven

Edit: The past chapters have been rewritten, and if you are reading this whole book before 10/10/2017, I would recommend going back an checking. Thank you for reading, love you.

Louis

When I woke up, I was in our room again. Both my head and arm hurt. There were bandages where the cables had been ripped out of my arm. I knew he didn't mean to, but it hurt like hell. I sat up, and I wasn't dizzy this time. I got out of the covers and stood up. I didn't go very fast, but I made it to the door and opened it. Outside, Harold was there. He was sleeping on a chair. Was he waiting for me? 

I tapped him on the shoulder, and he jumped. 

"Lou, you're awake, are you okay? How does your head feel, I'm so sorry, please come here."

He pulled me into a hug. I didn't know if I should hug him back. I leaned in, and his hair smelled... bad. Really bad. I tried to back away a little bit, put he pulled me closer. 

"I'm okay. I'm sorry." I said, almost crying. He picked me up and carried me back into our room. 

He laid me on the bed and said, "I didn't know if you would want me to lay with you, so I stayed outside and waited."

"It's okay"

"I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I want you to understand that I was upset and frustrated, at the time." His voice cracked as he talked to me, "But you have to understand that you can't do that. You can't hurt yourself like that. I am going to keep you safe, no matter what. I am going to make sure that you have a good life. If you kill yourself, I don't have anything left that I want to do, so you can not kill yourself." He started to cry, which surprised me. 

"Why does it matter so much?"

"I can't tell you right now. You have to promise me you won't do it again. Promise."

"I promise."

He climbed into bed with me and pulled the covers over both of us. I don't understand anything right now. I really don't understand.