Epilogue (part ii)

AN  - This was the epilogue I'd first come up with, but never posted, because I didn't want to write so far into the future. So I wrote a different epilogue and forgot about this completely. But I remembered it today and thought I'd just post it, because why not. It's been lying in my drafts for two years, and I think it's better off being published here for you to read. 

Have a great day!

"I do."

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you as man and wife."

That's it. We're officially married. She smiles at me with tears in her eyes.

It's been five years since we first met. And everyday, I find her more beautiful than before. Her smile is the trigger behind my own and her footprints are my map to forever.

I love her.

The ceremony was small and short. Her parents and a few of her friends came to 'grace the occasion with their presence' and Roger and Dave came to finally see me completely happy.

The girl and I got married outside the café.

"Shall we go inside?" she asks.

I nod and everybody follows us as we walk in together. She gives Roger a knowing look and he steps behind the counter. She pulls me towards him and places a hand on my chest as she looks at him and speaks.

"Two cappuccinos, please."

The end.

But wait:

"No, I don't want a cappuccino," I say.

"Oh." She blinks.

"Two vanilla shakes, please," I say.

"No, I don't want a vanilla shake."

"Okay. One cappuccino and one vanilla shake, please."

"Wait. Cappuccinos are our thing, remember?"

"Yeah, but I'm not in the mood for -"

Dave coughs loudly, interrupting me. "Stop fighting like you're a married couple." 

"But we are a married couple," I tell him.

"Oh. Right." 

Everyone stares at him.

The girl shakes her head and turns to Roger again. "Fine. One vanilla shake and one cappuccino please."

"Coming right up." He winks at me. 

I smile.

THE END.