The Son of Light

There is a tale, long lost in pages filled with knowledge. Long lost in books filled to the brim with amazing stories of huge sea creatures and mermaids. Sirens that sing men to their doom, and a squid as long as the Eiffel tower is tall. Stories of men, provoking the flames of a huge tiger, journeying with a lion to special places, and a winged cat that is commonly known as a griffon. But I doubt you have ever heard a story such as the one that blossoms from a tale of two young children. One of the flames. And one of the sea.

Once in a timeline, there lived a great ruler. The King of Light. He was kind and generous, and he had an obsession to do whatever it took to bring out the light of the truth, and bring forth justice to his Kingdom. The King of Light, had a son, Prince Yang. The prince was loved by all of the Kingdom for his kindness. But he was very shy, and would usually be found staring out his bedroom window. He had a very well chiseled face and white hair that could be mistaken for snow in the early morning light. His face was dappled with gentle freckles and white scars melted into his pale skin. Ice blue eyes pierced any who dared gaze into the arctic hues.

One day whilst looking through his tinted window, a figure swiftly rushed past the castle and into the forest. The figure had a bow slung across her back and a quiver of black feather arrows strapped to her shoulder. Opening the window he looked behind him to make sure his father was nowhere to be seen as he stepped out. Then, grasping his spear he raced into the forest after the strange shadowy figure.

Stepping out of the dark forest into a sunlit clearing he looked around confused, they couldn't have gone far. Suddenly an arrow whizzed past his ear, taking a nick out of it. Clasping a hand to the bleeding flesh, Yang looked around frantically, the arrow had landed at an angle in the ground. His gaze drew up and his icy gaze locked with the amber hues of whom he had been pursuing. A girl's voice rang out.

"Warning shot! Next one goes through your skull." 

She jumped down a branch and knocked in another arrow into what looked like a spruce wood bow. Impressive. The boy thought as her flaming amber eyes locked with his icy blue once more. 

"Put the spear. Down." 

She said. The prince dropped the spear and placed his hands atop his head. She jumped down onto the ground and lowered her bow.

"Damn..." She whispered, "You're the Prince aren't you?" 

She hissed and slung her bow over her back as he nodded. She sighed and came up to him, He braced himself but she walked right past him and tore her arrow from the ground. To his great surprise, she kneeled down and spread soft earth over the place her arrow had destroyed.

"My apologies, Mother Earth, I didn't mean it." 

He smiled as she placed her hand over the new dirt. She smiled and stood up. 

"Oh..." She looked away unamused. "You're still here?" 

She rolled her eyes and bowed flicking her black cloak flashing elegantly out behind her.

"P-Please don't bow..." The prince said and held out a hand to help her up. "And please show me your face."

 He whispered. She took his hand and hauled herself to her feet back backed away. Her eyes seeming to glow under the shadow of her head, and while he could pick out some of her features, he couldn't see much. She sighed and turned her head away. Reaching her hands up she gingerly pulled the hood off.

"As you wish..." 

She whispered as she turned towards him.

Long black hair framed her perfect face while flaring amber golden eyes centered her like a painting. As the cloak fell away off her back her long black hair fell in waves down to the hips of her slender form. Pale, freckled skin rippled like a sunset into night. He smiled and bowed to her now, surprised she stepped back, her eyes blazing with confusion.

"Perhaps, we should talk..."