5. What

- SUZY POV -

TUESDAY

Hoshi and I are standing at the bus stop together not saying anything. It's super awkward after yesterday.

"Hey I hope I didn't make anything awkward after yesterday." Hoshi says taking a headphone out of my ear.
I snatch my earphone back.
"Of course not..."

He snatches my phone. "Well I mean you're not talking to me though."
I snatch my phone back. "Yeah because i'm listening to music."

The bus arrives and we get on.

We arrive at the school and Hoshi walks behind me.
All of a sudden someone puts their arm over my shoulders. "Heeey Ms.Bae."
lt was Daniel. "Fuck off Daniel. I'm not in the mood." I push his arm off.
"Whoooaaaa. Okay okay, my bad. Whats wrong?"
I scoff. "Oh yeah. Like i'm gonna tell my student about my personal life problems."
Daniel walks in front of me and stops. "Well why not?"
I just stare at him. I think about it for a second but I stop myself.
"No." I say.

As we walk to class he continues to whine to me but I don't break.
"Okay fine. Don't think i'm not gonna come and ask you again later."

I just roll my eyes and start class.

- END OF THE DAY -

I gather my things and I'm really upset because Daniel kept looking at me throughout the whole session. Also Hoshi just acted like he didn't know who I was the whole time.

I saw that Hoshi was trying to come talk to me, but Daniel beat him to it.
"Okay, Ms.Bae. Are you really not gonna tell me?"

"Nope." I say and walk away.

I make my way home without Daniel following me.
"Hey honey wheres Hoshi?" My mom asks giving me a big hug.

I put my head on her shoulder. "He told me to take it slow...I guess I was too relaxed with him."
"Aww...He doesn't know what he's missing."
I pull from my mom and make a face. "Mom its not like that. I'm talking about friendship, not relationship."
"Yeah yeah, ahaha."
We eat dinner together and after I help my mom clean up, I go to my room and start correcting tests.
As I go through the test I run through sungwoons. He wrote a little note. "Come to Soju Soju when you see this."
I smile and put my work down. I quickly grab my hoodie and put it over my head.
"Mom i'm heading out. Don't wait up."
"Where you going?" She peeks her head past the wall.
"Soju Soju."
My mom winks. "Ouuuhhhh. Gonna go meet the handsome son?"
"Mom...hes my student. haha."
"Just go get a job somwehere else so you could date your handsome students."
"Mooooooom ahaha, you're crazy."
My mom just laughs as I walk out and head over to Soju Soju. It's about 9 pm, but I still make time to go.
I arrive andonce again, get greeted by Ajhumma.
"Omo omo omo. Honey come sit." She waves to Sungwoon. "Yah, Sungwoon ah, grab some food and beer."
Sungwoon grabs the things and brings it to the same table we sat at last time. Ajhumma leaves me and Sunwoon to talk.
"Hey loser. I saw the message." I say to Sungwoon and he laughs.
"Loser? Oh am I getting bullied by my teacher now?"
"Ha, you sure are. So what was up with the message?"
"Oh, just nothing. Just wanted to get to know the beautiful regular lady."
I blush.

Am I just enjoying this a bit more than I should?

12:00 AM

We've talked for 3 hours when I decided to go home and Sungwoon walks with me.

"So tell me why you decided to become a teacher."

"Well my mom was a teacher. She taught me and I taught my cousins, and I just fell in love with it."
He stops walking. "So...How do you know when you love something...?"
"Hmmm. I guess you just know."
"What about someone?"

"Hmm..I guess I would give out the same answer. I've only been in love once, but it was such a long time ago I'm not sure how I knew."

"Interesting..."

We continue walking and we make it to the front of my door. I turn to him and smile. "Thanks for walking me home."
Sungwoon smiles back. "Of course."
I turn to grab the doorknob but before I reach it Sungwoon calls my name. "Suzy?"
I turn around to face him. "Yeah?"
Sungwoon quickly walks to me and all of a sudden wraps his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder.

He had me in a hug.
"Thanks for everything. Giving me advice, letting me get comfortable...Letting me know about love. When to know you love someone.

I didn't know what to say or do.

Sungwoon released me and pats me on the head. "I had fun."
He walks away, leaving me speechless.
Well...I guess not that speechless.

"wooooowwww..." I whisper to myself.
I slowly make my way to my room and lay on my bed. The scene of Sungwoon hugging me just replays in my head.
Gosh...he's so smooth.

I close my eyes to try to sleep, but I just couldn't because the constant beating of my heart would not stop.

I put my hand to my heart. "Suzy, relax. Calm. It's okay."
I don't know when I fell asleep, but eventually I fell asleep.