7. Texting

- SUZY POV -

THURSDAY

Daniel did not come to school today....
I text him.

Suzy: Hey...Are you doing okay?...

Daniel doesn't respond at all...

I was making my way out of the school until I start hearing a ruckus.
All students were running towards it and all of a sudden there was a full crowd. I run over to the crowd and push everyone out of my way.
"Move! Move! You guys need to leave now!" I yell.

I see a fight is going on. A fight between Hoshi and another student. Hoshi is on top of the guy, throwing punches.
"Soonyoung!" I yell catching his attention. Giving the other guy a chance to plant a good one at Hoshi's face.

Hoshi punches the guy back and gets off walking away from the crowd and me.
I chase after him.
"Soonyoung" I say after him, but he doesn't turn around.
"Soonyoung! I know you can hear me."

Eventually he turns around and looks me in the eye, pissed off. "What?"
I cough. "What was that about?"
I notice a cut on his face, right under his black eye.
"It was nothing, don't worry about it."
"It was obviously something...Don't tell me now, but you're gonna have to tell me either ways. Come here." I take his arm and drag him to the nurses office.

I push him to sit in a chair and I stand in between his legs. I clean up his wounds and I start talking as I do.
"Gosh Soonyoung...why do you get yourself in big messes like this? Ha...I knew you got in trouble a lot when you were younger, but I thought you would grow up by now." I smile and continue to clean his wound. Our faces and so close to each other, I can feel him breathing on me.

I finish cleaning. "Okay, i'm done." I say while removing my hand, but before i fully remove it, Hoshi grabs my wrist and pulls me even closer to him. We stare into each others eye.
"I got in this mess because of you." He says.
My heart starts to beat so hard, i'm pretty sure he could hear it.

"What do you mean Soonyoung?"
"I mean,  He was talking about you. Totally just talking about how attactive you were. Saying sluggish things about you. It was disgusting, the way he was talking about you sexually. It was rude. And so I punched him."

I smile and tears begins to grow in my eyes.

"Thanks Soonyoung..."

I get a text. It's from Daniel.

Daniel: Yeah sorry. Meet up at the park again later @9 to talk about what happened yesterday?...

"who's that?" Hoshi asks trying to peek at my phone.

I put my phone away, ignoring the text.
"Nothing." I say back.
We stay in the room talking, until he decides he walk me home.

- FRIDAY -

"So you didn't show up yesterday..."
Class just finished when Daniel came up to talk to me for the first time since the kiss.
"Oh..um..yeah something important came up."
"Really?"  Sounding like he doesn't believe me.

"Yeah...Really....Is there a problem?"
"No problem." He sounds sarcastic.
I roll me eyes. 
He obviously knows something and is being salty about it. "Okay...Are you going to tell me what you know, or are you gonna keep me guessing?"
"Hmmm, i'm gonna keep you guessing."
I've never seen him so salty.
I laugh.
Daniel quickly turns his head to me. "You're laughing? Why are you laughing? This is not a funny situation. This is very very serious situation."
I try to stop laughing. "Okay, you know, you're right. I just cant take you seriously." I say while hitting his shoulder.
"Stop laughing, haha." Daniel starts laughing with me and we walk out together. Eventually he starts walking me home.
"Invite?" He asks.
I smirk. "Okaaaayyy."

I unlock the front door to see my mom and dad on the couch.
"Oh dad! Are you working your regular shift now?" I say walking to him and giving him a hug.
"Aigooooo my daughter. I've missed you so much!"
My dad puts his eyes on Daniel. "Who's this?" He asks.
"Oh yeah! Sorry Daniel, forgot you were here. Ummm, mom, dad, meet Daniel. He's one of my student. But we're friends...?"
My parents both raise their eyebrows, suspicious.
Daniel is just standing there awkwardly. I give my parents a "Hes just a friend" look, because I know they're thinking Daniel and I are in a relationship.
My dad takes a hint and puts an arm on my shoulder. "Haha, okay daughter. Sorry, Have fun! Mom and I'll leave you guys. We have to go grocery shopping." My dad winks at me and I roll my eyes.
My parents leave the house and now it's just Daniel and I.
"Umm...Sorry about that..." I say to Daniel.
He laughs. "No it's okay. I think they like me, haha."

I lead Daniel into my room and I set my things down.
Daniel sits on the floor next to my bed, and I lay in my bed.
We watch TV for about an hour, talk about life for about 2 hours till night.

"So um...Ms.Bae..."
"You could call me Suzy if you want." I say.
"Ha, I never thought I would hear that."
I roll my eyes and lightly nudge the back of his head.
"Okay Suzy. Do you want to um...talk about that kiss...?"
I stop what I do and look at him. "What about it?"
"Well...How was it?"
I laugh. "Um...It was gooooood????"
"No no I mean...Did you feel anything?"
I make my mouth into an O shape. "OOOOO...um..."
I dont say anything for a good minute, just because...I'm not exactly sure how I feel...
"Can I get back to you on that?" I say Honestly.

Daniel looks surprised...Like he wasn't expecting that.
He forces a smile on his face. "Okay...yeah." He stands up, opens my bedroom door, and heads out of my house.

I follow him out. "Hey...no goodbye?"
Daniel stops in his tracks, making me stop too.
Daniel turns on his heels to face me. "Do you like Hoshi?"
I was so surprised by this sudden question that I laugh a bit.
"What?"
Daniel takes a step closer to me, making me take a step back.
"That night, when I asked you to come meet me at the park to talk about the kiss. I wondered why you didn't text me back so I was casually passing by your house, I saw you two together. It looked like Hoshi was walking you home...Something I always do."
He takes steps even closer to me, as I continue to step back, my back hits the door.
"Funny story. Hoshi is actually my childhood friend. He was walking me home because he knows my family."
"Friend? Just a friend?" Daniel says walking closer and closer to me, trapping me between him and the door.
'Soonyoung and I are just friends..."
I don't know why, but I feel the need to explain to Daniel.
Daniel smiles. "Good." He puts his hand on top of my head and messes my hair. He then backs away from me. "Bye Suzy...Maybe I'll see you think weekend!"

Daniel walks away and I slide down the door.
I try to relax my heart.
"Calm."