9. Lonely

- SUZY POV -

I wake up and see my dad sitting alone in the kitchen. Without seeing my mom, i didn't know how to feel.
"Goodmorning dad." I say smiling.
"Good morning daughter." He hugs me and I feel horrible.
Eventually I go to class, sick. I feel like my head is pounding, like i'm gonna faint.

During the lunch break I go to the nurses office to grab some advil, unfortunately the Advil doesn't work much.
"Okay class, for the session we're gonna um....umm..so we're going to..."

I felt so sick I could not concentrate. All of a sudden I'm on the floor, then everything goes black.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly open my eyes. I can see blurry figures hovering me. With every blink, it's clear to me who the people are. Sungwoon, Hoshi, and Daniel.
All of them start exclaiming.
"SUZY OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OKAY!"
"YOU SCARED ME SUZY!"
"SUZY DO YOU NEED ANYTHING!?"
"WAIT YALL CALL HER SUZY TOO."

The yelling made my head hurt even more. "Shut up." I say, and they do.
'I'll go get you some water." Hoshi says.
"Ill go get you some snacks." Sungwoon says.

They walk out of the room, leaving me with Daniel, somewhat calming. I close my eyes, thinking about my dad.

How is dad feeling? Is he lonely right now? How did he do it for 3 years? I should be with him right now...

All of this made me sad, I have to be with my dad.

"So how are you feeling?" Daniel asks.
I did not want to be bothered by anyone. A little irritated I answer.
"Not good."

"Oh...Why's that? If that's okay asking..."
"No it's not okay." I say.
"Okay that's fine...You don't want to talk about it. Understandable."

We don't say anything for next 5 minutes. I think about my dad again, creating tears to swell in my eyes.
I need to be with my dad.
I get up and try to stand up, but I was so weak that I almost fell. Daniel grabs my arm and catches me from falling.
"Whoa, you need to stay in bed."
"No. I don't." I say snatching my arm from his grip.

I slowly walk out of the room and towards the front door of the school. Daniel walks behind me without saying anything. I turn on my heels.
"Can you stop following me?"

Daniel looks down at his feet. "Sorry..."

I turn back to walk out of the front door, not hearing Daniels footsteps behind me.
I see that it's raining.

Seriosly?
I walk through the rain to my house.
"Daughter, back?" I hear my dad say.

I walk over to my dad and hug him. "Aigoo daughter, you're soaking! Whats wrong?"
I don't say anything. Instead I just sit there. And the whole night we just spent together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take sick days off of Tuesday, Wednesday, and today, Thursday.

Around 9 pm I hear a knock on my door. I answer it and its Hoshi.
"Hey." He says.
"hi..."

"Can I come in?"
I look to the side a bit."Listen Hoshi, what do you want?"
"What do you mean?"
"Why are you here?"

Hoshi doesnt say anything for a while. He sighs.
"I just wanted to check up on you."
"Well, i'm feeling better than ever." I lie.

He nods his head and just stands there.

I roll my eyes a bit irritated.
"Listen Soonyoung, I dont know what you think we are after the kiss, but i''m not interested, okay. I was interested, but you totally just friend zoned me the first day we figured out we've been childhood friends. Awkward. Sorry If I gave you the wrong idea, but I wish we could still be amazing friends."

Hoshi doesnt say anything for about 5 minutes. "Um...Yeah. I should've taken the chance, but feelings change...sorry. But you know, we will be friends. Close friends, nothing can change this friendship." Hoshi says smiling. He turns around to walk away from my house. I get a text from Sungwoon.

Sungwoon: Soju Soju?

I put on my shoes and head to Soju Soju.

I see Sungwoon.
"sungwoon."

He turns around smiling. "Hey suzy. Here come sit."
I look at the empty chair offered.

"Look...Sungwoon actually i'm not here to sit and drink. I'm actually here to tell you that, i'm not intrested. I have no idea if you actually had a thing for me or whatever but, i'm not interested."

Sungwoon reacts the same way Hoshi did. Speechless.

"Yeah...I totally get it. No hard feelings." Sungwoon smiles and holds up a fist for a fist bump.
"Love ya as a friend Suzy."
"Love you too boo."
"um...but tell me this." Sungwoon says. "Is it someone else?"
I think about it for a bit.

Is it someone else?
"Actually...It is."

I walk out of the store and start walking back home, happy, but still sick.