s i x

you ran out of the auditorium as fast as you could. you didn't want to see what happened next. you went into your class and texted finn to wait outside after class ended. after what felt like forever, the bell finally rang.
    you ran out of your classroom, bursting into tears. there finn was, waiting for you just like you had asked. from what you saw through your teary eyes, finn was completely beat up. you ran into his arms and felt his embrace.
"what happened, y/n?" he asked you, holding you closer.
"i love you, finn. never forget that." you said between sobs.
"what is it?"
"i... i should've been there for you." you separated yourself from him and wiped a tear from your face.
"no, no, y/n. please don't do this to yourself. it's not your fault."
       another tear fell from your eye. you felt it drip down to your mouth.
"finn?" you licked your top lip, tasting the slight saltiness from your tears.
"yeah?"
"i'm sorry about what happened. you were just trying to protect me."
he stayed silent.
"it's okay, y/n. i just wanted to give him what he deserved."
"thank you, finn. i couldn't ask for a better boyfriend." your eyes widened when you realized what you had just said.
"wait. boyfriend?"
"friend. friend. i-i meant friend. cause that's what we are. just friends. right?" you managed to say.
"y/n? is there something you're not telling me?"
"pssh. what? no!" you said.
he laughed. "y/n. if you want me to be your boyfriend, i will be."
"you do realize that this involves, like, feelings? you know, like, we both have to feel things." you wiped your tears.
"yeah! yeah, of course!" he said.
"meaning... you feel things, finnie?" you looked up at him.
"well, why else would i agree to be your boyfriend?" he slightly chuckled.
"would you actually?" your face lit up and a smile formed.
"anything for you, babe." he said jokingly, as he winked and gave you finger guns at the same time.
       you shook your head and bursted out into laughter. "aw. finnie." you messed up his hair.
"shall we go?" he said through a horrible british accent.
you laughed. "to where?"
"let's pass by tyler. hEs ToTaLlY gOnNa BlOw HiS sHiT!" he held out his hand.
"you are a cliché, wolfhard. you do realize that, right?" you grabbed his hand.
he chuckled.
"but while we're at it, do you wanna pass by lexi, too?" he said.
"let's go."

you passed through the school hallways, and saw familiar faces giving you looks.
"finn, is that your girlfriend?" you heard someone ask.
"sure is." he said.
you smiled. people started clearing the middle of the hallways, as if they were making way just for you and finn.
     you walked through the hallways, not paying any more attention to what anyone was doing, until...
"mr. wolfhard. come to my office."
you looked up to see the principal. you let go of his hand and stood there silently.
"go, finnie," you whispered.
"i'll be back. i swear." he followed the principal as you stayed in the same place, not knowing what to do. guess we won't be seeing lexi and tyler anymore.
       you walked to the office's sitting room, telling the secretary you were waiting for someone. you heard the faint sound of finn's voice from the closed door of the office. you sat there patiently waiting for him.
       after a long thirty minutes, you finally heard finn come out. you immediately stood up and hugged him tightly.
"what happened?" you asked him, still in the hug, resting your chin on the back of his shoulder.
"i'm getting detention." he stroked your hair.
"i'm so sorry, i didn't want any of this to happen." you hugged him tighter.
"it's not your fault, y/n."
"yes it is, stop blaming everything on yourself."
"i gotta go, okay?" he told you.
       you separated from the hug.
"no, don't." you looked into his eyes.
"i have to." silence passed as he started walking in the other direction.
"hey, i'll wait for you, okay?" you said.
"no, just go home. i'll tell you when i'm done. coming over later?"
you smiled. "okay. yeah. see you then. thanks so much, finn."
he nodded and left the room.
"bye." you whispered, despite the fact he was already gone.
    you sighed, turning around to see the secretary looking at you with a smile.
"love, huh?" she asked you.
"yep. what a great feeling."