t e n

the doorbell rang. you ran to the door, opening up to finn. he stepped inside before he began to speak.
"what do you need to tell me?" he asked.
"just come upstairs." you told him, taking him to your room.
a few awkward silences passed before you finally said something.
"i'm scared, finn."
"of what? there's nothing to be afraid of." he told you.
"what if... what if i lose you?" you felt a lump in your throat.
he grabbed your hands and held them tightly.
"you won't, y/n. i'll always be with you." he said.
"but what if you won't? what if? y- you have so many girls chasing after you. but you decide to pick me. i'm so incredibly happy you care about me. but what if that ends?"
he looked you in the eye.
"it must be hard. you know. to be a heartthrob." you told him.
"listen. i'll never, ever give up on you. don't you dare worry about any of the other girls. they don't matter. my only focus is you." he told you.
"really?" you paused. tears were streaming down your face. he gently let go of your hands and wiped the tears from your cheeks.
"i don't want to have to pretend to be someone else." you said in between sobs.
"what are you trying to say, y/n?" he asked you.
"people are under the impression that i'm always, always positive. that i'm okay with having other girls all over you. but what if i'm not? what do i do? i have to go through the day letting people know i'm fine when i'm not. i'm not!" you told him, finding it hard to continue without bursting into tears.
"hey, hey. it's okay. it's my fault." he told you, grabbing your hands once more.
"no. no. it's not." you said. you shut your eyes tight, hoping no more tears would come out.
"y/n. please don't worry. i swear. if people try to get in the way of us, i'm not going to let it happen." he said.
you sighed shakily. "finn. what would i do without you?" you opened your eyes again and stopped crying.
you sat down next to him on your bed, both of you leaning against your pillows.
"no. what would i do without you?" he said.
"wh- what?" you answered, surprised.
"y/n, you're the one person i look forward to seeing everyday. the one person i trust. the one person i can talk to no matter what. the one- the only person i l- love with all my heart."
"d- did you just say you love me?" you whispered.
"of course. i would shout it from the rooftops if it makes you happy. i'd do anything for you."
"i... i love you too." you smiled.
he kissed you on the forehead and you rested your head against him.
"so this is what it feels like?" you asked him.
"to be loved?" you said.
"yeah... yeah. this is it. told you it feels good."
you chuckled. you looked outside your window at the stars.
"the... stars." you said, pointing towards them.
"yeah? what about them?" he asked you.
"they remind me of us."
"how?"
"they just... do. i love the stars. just like i love..."
"us." you whispered.
"us." he repeated after you.

us.