❆ prologue

❝But I was never appreciated.
Which was why, I was here.❞

❆ ❆ ❆

A strong gust of icy wind engulfed my small figure, making the atmosphere seem dark and scary. Touching my toes on the ground, then my whole foot, I landed. Snowflakes fell from the sky as I stood confidently on the ice-bound pedestal, looking over a cliff to see my creation. My wings fluttered softly behind me as I felt them retract back into my skin.

Everything was covered in snow.

Little children were running around the small neighborhood, genuine smiles plastered across their faces as they held snowballs between their dainty fingers. The adults roamed around - some headed towards the south to the marketplace to gather food, while others looked panicked for the sudden change of the weather. It was June, summertime. Yet here it was, frostbites already starting to sting.

"Are you... sure this is what you wanted, [Y/N]?" A voice called from behind me. I turned my head slowly, my wavy locks bouncing softly against my shoulders. I faced the voice with confidence and nodded slowly.

"A hundred percent, Leigh."

Leigh was my best friend. My sister from another mister - someone whom I could count on and trust. In fact, she's the only person I've ever trusted in my whole life. One of the many reasons was that people thought I was a threat. Like me, Leigh was a winter angel. She never went against my plans. She was always there to support whatever crazy decision I had swirling in my head.

Angels were protrayed to be holy, beings sent from the heavens to help those in need. But I came for a different reason - to them, I was made to ruin lives.

And casting winter over summer was an example.

I've wondered why people loathed my existence. I always see children smiling during snow days, when I had to show up and let the snowflakes start to fall. Their eyes would gleam with excitement, as they waited for the magic weaving between my fingers to activate. I could be wrong, but I'd see the reflection of the snowflakes in their dark pupils. They looked at me as if I was someone that mattered. But it never lasted long. Their parents with furrowed brows would come running, fear evident in their eyes, as if I was threatening their children - they'd protest of course, but their relatives would shake their heads, thinking they had been brainwashed.

Ever since then, it'd been etched in the back of head, that everyone hated winter, and the being that caused it. Yet the thought always managed to get to the front of my head, where I'd always be reminded of it.

I'd been trapped in the heavens, punished for my doings for a good 10 years. Luckily, I stopped aging at 19. I never understood why - I never tried to kill anyone, nor harm a group of children.

All I wanted to do was see the people happy, upon witnessing my creations.

But I was never appreciated.

Which was why, I was here.

❆ ❆ ❆

"Hey, Jungkook-ah, you okay?" I stared out the wide window, almost choking on what I was seeing. The voice snapped me out of my trance, although I didn't reply. I was mesmerized by the weather and how it changed so quickly. I wondered if I was going insane, or I really am seeing snow falling. Taehyung must've sensed something was wrong, because he moved next to me where he could see better.

"Woah, isn't this cool? Yoongi-hyung come check this out," Taehyung went over to the couch and shook the blue-haired boy as he fell out of his slumber, his eyebrows immediately scrunching to form a frown, shutting his eyelids again.

"Leave me alone, Tae." He scowled as Taehyung backs up.

"Okay, okay, jeez."

"You don't seem affected by this." I observed.

"Alien." Yoongi muttered under his breath before falling back asleep. Taehyung glared at him.

"It really isn't a big deal, Kook-ah."

"Yeah, it just snowed in June, no biggie."

He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm and started heading out the room. "Why don't you visit the winter fairies," he pointed towards the forest nearby out my window. "Ask 'em why the weather just changed," He laughed before exiting.

Maybe I will.

• • •

[edited]