❅ i

❝What? Do I believe in them? I do.❞

❅ ❅ ❅

I inhaled sharply, getting a warm coat from my closet and slipping it on. I couldn't believe I was going to go out in the freezing cold to take a walk, or maybe for a whole other reason. For some odd reason, I believed what V had to say about the winter fairies. Not exactly those, but angels. They existed, I knew they did.

Grabbing the door knob, I twisted it and stepped outside, getting greeted by the cold air. I locked my front doors and trudged slowly to the woods. They looked less scary without their leaves. I pushed my feet against the snow, my boots getting covered by the little pieces of ice. It’d only been an hour since the sudden winter started, but I wasn’t complaining – maybe a little, but I was more worried. Was this global warming?

I soon reached the entrance of the forest. I began to regret my decisions and think why I really thought those angels were true. I didn’t have proof. I only heard them from stories. But something, a feeling deep down my gut, I knew I was meant to go here.

Small, skinny branches crunched upon hitting contact with my shoe. I thought I heard something else, like footsteps, but I ignored them. I heard a gasp soon after, and I knew something wasn’t right. My cold breath hitched in my throat as I looked aroubd frantically, scared I might encounter something else. I turned to a corner where a tree with a bigger trunk stood and looked behind it.

There was a girl.

Her eyes glittered in the summer sun as she looked at me with shock, and a little amazement. Her shoulders were adorned with her [H/C] hair. She was dressed in a typical winter outfit, but she made it look special – like she just walked out of a TEEN VOGUE magazine photoshoot.

“May I help you, ajeossi?” Her angelic voice rang through the silence of the forest, sending odd shivers down my spine. I was surprised heaven hadn't hired her yet. I had this dumbfounded look on my face, and I snapped back into reality once she cleared her throat.

“I, uh, just wanted to go for a walk.” I smiled genuinely, mesmerized by her beauty. “Care to join?”

“I don't talk to strangers,” She smirks playfully, handing out her right hand for me to shake. “[Y/N].”

“Jungkook,” I replied with a smile, shaking her soft hand and blushing slightly, both from the cold hitting and the beautiful girl in front of me.

“So, Jungkook, what brings you to the forest all by yourself? At this time of day?” She chuckles, pointing to the sunset and I realize it's almost nighttime.

“I just – I thought I could see what the place looked like, from the sudden snowfall.”

“Oh. I see.” I notice she bows her head down in shame when she says so. Was she shy? Almost like she was guilty of something. But her expression quickly faded and was replaced by her signature smile. “The weather can be weird. The winter angels must be mad, Kookie.”

I blush at the nickname she'd given. Kookie. Just as adorable as she was.

“Someone's blushing. You okay? You cold?” [Y/N] asks, teasing, but also concerned. I looked down to further hide the blush creeping up on my cheeks.

“No, no, I'm fine – but did you say winter angels?” I questioned, curious as to why she'd mention them.

“What? Do I believe in them? I do.” She smiles, showing her teeth. That was cute. “I believe they're the ones behind the sudden snowfall.”

“You have quite the nerve to say that to a stranger, [Y/N]. Usually people don't admit they believe in those kinda stuff.”

“I'm okay, and besides, you don't feel like a stranger to me.” She chuckles, the sound soft like a melody. I wouldn't mind listening to her laugh all day.

• • •

“It's getting late, [Y/N]. You should head home.” I said, pointing to the sun sinking behind the hills. We were sat at a park bench, laughing and getting to know each other more. She learned I was older, and started to call me oppa, not knowing how much I hated being called that. But I couldn't stay annoyed with an angel like her, so I just smiled. I started to like it, though.

“You should too, oppa.” She replied, smiling innocently as I pinched her cheeks. “Stranger, don't touch me,” She jokes and I laugh.

“Okay, that's enough, want me to walk you home?”

“No, no, I'm fine, I should be the one to walk you home.”

“That's no need.”

Silence.

She glanced up at the lavender sky, almost wishing she'd be up there with someone.

“Well, I guess I have to go now.”

She waved and was about to turn the other direction when I grabbed her wrist, her head whipping back to face me. She had a confused look.

“Wait, I wanna see you again.”

“Maybe tomorrow? Here? Same time.” [Y/N] suggested with a grin.

“Of course.”

• • •

[edited]

a/n: hello my smol friends i hope u liked the chapter

i'm poppy ‹›