❆ ii

❝I enjoyed his company, and he enjoyed mine.❞

❆ ❆ ❆

I couldn’t stop thinking of the boy.

His smile, it was contagious. When I met him and gazed into his eyes for the first time, it felt like I’d just been hit by a ball. Very hard. And when he talked, his voice sounded like it could be singing in heaven with all the other angels. Amazing was nowhere near to describe him.

And the best thing was, I felt like it was meant to happen. If I hadn’t ran off instead of staying, I’d never meet him ever again.

So here I was now, standing in the park, waiting for a familiar face to show up, or at least his silhouette. The cold was nibbling at my fingertips and my nose, and I mentally scolded myself for not wearing any gloves. I was awake until 3 AM, contemplating if I had more to life than meeting that Jungkook guy the next day. I slept, but then woke up at 4 PM. Yeah, heavenly beings sleep in too. And being in a rush, I obviously forgot I needed gloves. I could get the temperature to be higher, but I didn’t want anyone seeing me. So for now, I guess I’m just going to hug my arms for warmth.

Annyeong,

Suddenly, a voice popped in from behind me and I almost fell in the snow. There was a laugh.

Yah, are... you okay? Sorry for startling you, [Y/N].” Jungkook apologized, looking down at his shoes.

“It is fine, honestly,” I replied, smiling up at him.

“Okay, are you cold? You’ve been shivering,” He asks, concern melting in his eyes. He was ready to take off his jacket and hand it to me, but I shook my head gently, offering him a small smile.

“Oh, no, Kookie. I’m used to the cold, just a little nervous.” I lied, not wanting him to worry. He nodded slightly and led me to the same park bench we sat on yesterday. I felt a little guilty. He deserved to know who I really was, but until I could guarantee that I could trust him with my secrets, I had to keep my mouth shut.

I looked around, feeling the awkward tension in the air as I breathed it in.

In the distance was the forest with all the bald trees. They looked more scary without their leaves, but some people find it beautiful. Ironic enough, that I hated the effects of my creation. Around me, there were children running around with their parents chasing after them, frustrated that it had to snow, in June! There were couples, holding each other’s company as they walked through the sidewalks slightly covered in ice.

It was bliss, being here.

But also a curse, since everyone hated the current weather. And they blamed it on me, the winter angel, fairy, pixie, whatever. They despised me. Not once, in my everlasting mundane life had I heard someone say, “Hey, winter’s nice.” And it bothered me — how I couldn’t be appreciated for the season that I created, the season I spent so much time on planning, the season that I had to sacrifice my loved ones for. It bothered me, that no one even dared to at least thank me.  It bothered me so much, that I did this — I cursed the people. It wasn’t the best solution, but it filled me with satisfaction knowing that this was, basically, karma for everyone. But this boy — beside me, sitting next to me, intently paying attention to every movement of mine — didn’t have to speak to say that he liked my company. But in the back of my head, I knew that if I revealed my true self to Jungkook, he’d hate me. Just like everyone else.

I turned my head and caught him staring at me, his eyes piercing through mine, and I realized I’d been quiet for too long. Zoned out, maybe.

“So, tell me about you.” I froze. I was gonna have to lie. If I said I came from the heavens with wings and did bibidi bobidi booyah magic with my hands to create snow, he’d send me to an asylum. I could lie about my parents dying, but lets be honest — that’s just looking for pity and attention. You can’t say that to a person you just met. So I left them out of my story, well, kind of.

“I was born here, was raised by someone else in my family, and I really like winter. In fact, I don’t mind the sudden change in the weather.” I finished with a crooked smile, my insides hurting from all the lying. I could do better if I’d rehearsed it.

“Pretty much the same, except, I do mind the weather. I prefer it to be summer, but when the time comes for winter, I can accept.” He laughs, the sound echoing through my ears. I whispered mentally to myself, that if I wasn’t immortal and was allowed to have relationships with humans, then I’d marry this boy. But what a pity, the universe hated me. I just had to be an angel. A curse.

“Well, okay,” I replied, slightly hurt that he minded the weather. But I just met him yesterday, and I couldn’t judge.

We were there for a few more hours, until I decided to tell him I had to go. And once he was out of sight, I’d spread my wings to go and fly up that cliff where my cabin was. I met Leigh, and told her everything.

And it was like that, almost everyday for months with the winter going on.

I enjoyed his company, and he enjoyed mine.

• • •

[edited]

a/n: happy birthday to chimchim i hope he finally got his jams. me & my friends (aka sam and danielle) went to 7/11 to celebrate it, lol. also met my crush there, wow it was truly a great friday the 13th.

~ i’m rapmon not dancemon¡