❅ iii

❝There was no doubt I had fallen in love. But I couldn’t be.❞

❅ ❅ ❅

“Jungkook–ah! Eomma Jin is calling, hurry up!” I heard a faint sound coming from the other room. Jin had planned this picnic with me and my hyungs for the longest time, and now Taehyung was calling for me. I’d been ready to go out since morning, but only stayed inside. I was, let’s say, deep in thought.

It was that girl.

[Y/N].

I don’t know how she does it, but she always managed to make me feel at home. She’s the reason I stay inside, never going out with my friends anymore, because she made me think. She made me confused in a heartwarming way and she gave me feelings I didn’t know existed. I liked being around her. It was stupid, to think that I’d have a chance with her.

I tried to make her like me, but it only seemed like she was pushing me away — like she was hiding something. But I brushed it off, because I trust her. Although, I’m not sure if she trusts me.

I had a feeling our relationship wouldn’t work out. Maybe one of us would end up leaving, but I have hope.

Isn’t that what we all need sometimes?

Arasseo, I’m coming,” I replied, my voice ringing through the eerie silence of the house. I grabbed my things, then headed out the door where I faced a box–smiled Taehyung.

“Let’s go, you still have that date with your girl this afternoon,” He joked, eyeing the road as we walked to Jin’s.

Yah, it isn’t a date.” I defended, though, I secretly wished it was.

“Hmm, okay, but are you sure you’ll see her today? We might end up going home late,” Taehyung asks. He hasn’t met her yet, but I tell him everything — ever since me and [Y/N] first met. Come to think of it, none of the people I know has met her.

“I–I don’t know,” I answer honestly. But I was willing to make time for her. I’d do anything for her. “I can leave early, just don’t tell the others.”

“Alright then.” He smiles. “We’re here! Jin–hyung!”

Annyeong! Suga will be here soon, he’s overslept again,” Jin comes out from the front door and down the porch steps where he frantically dialed Yoongi’s number. After a few moments, I assume he picks up because Jin starts scolding him. Parental instincts.

“I told you to set your alarm,” He states calmly, but I could tell he wanted to scream.

The others get out the house and they stand next to us, listening to the bantering of eomma Jin.

“What do you mean you slept through it? No one does that—”

This was going to be a long day.

• • •

At one point in time, I thought I could be normal.

But the universe gives me the opposite of what I want. So here I was, the winter angel who suddenly turned into a hopeless romantic, waiting for the boy. The boy who made my stomach churn with butterflies, the boy who made my heart skip beats everytime he’d talk. There was no doubt I had fallen in love. But I couldn’t be.