❆ epilogue

a/n: surprise motherfucker it’s the end okay continue

• • •

❝Then I decided — this was the best spring day ever.❞

❆ ❆ ❆

“Jungkook.” [Y/N] called my name softly with an apologetic smile. I began to think I had thought wrong, that maybe she didn’t reciprocate the same feelings towards me.

“I’m so sorry,” She suddenly broke down into tears, burying her face in her hands. I went closer to her, our foreheads almost touching after I had lifted her chin. I gazed into her eyes, and I only saw regret. Tears were pricking but I managed to hold them back as I comforted her in a hug.

“What’s wrong? You don’t feel the same way—” She suddenly pulled away.

“No, don’t you ever think that. I feel the same way, Jungkook. And I always will.” [Y/N] cried, her words stuttering. I felt my heart skip, and happiness overtook my whole body.

“But—” She gulped as if to prepare herself for what she was going to say next. My breath hitched in my throat.

“We– we can’t be together.”

My heart sunk like the titanic. I could no longer speak as I stared at her, and my emotions were a mess. I didn’t know how or what to think.

“I caused this,” She gestured to her surroundings. “I’m not who you think I am, Jungkook.”

I had a puzzled look on my face. I was crying too. What did she mean?

I must’ve said my thoughts out loud because she continued to explain.

“I’m that immortal creature you said you also believed in — a winter angel. And I caused all this. That day we met in the forest, that was the time I had finally finished casting the winter up on that cliff. I was taking a walk until you showed up and I hurriedly hid my wings. I didn’t know how to tell you, so I just went on with the months, until you told me you wanted spring to come. I’d grown feelings for you and although I didn’t want to stop the cold weather, I wanted you to be happy. But you made me happy, Kookie. Especially when you said you didn’t hate the winter like everyone else did.” [Y/N] finished between sobs.

I was left dumbfounded, my eyes looking into hers directly as if communicating. It all sounded like an absurd fairytale, but fortunately, I believed her. And I’m glad I did.

“So this—” She held out her hands, some kind of sorcery was sparkling in between her fingers as she raised them above her. Suddenly, it didn’t feel as cold anymore. The snow started to disappear, bits of ice floating in the air as they dissipated in the warm sun. The flowers started to appear and bloom on cue to the first day of spring. The trees had their leaves again.

I stood in the midst of it all, my mouth hanging agape as I watched everything come back to life. I was amazed by her ability.

“—This is why I’m here. For you. I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I’m sorry for pretending to be someone I’m not. It would’ve been better if I had never showed up the second day, because a relationship was bound to form. And t–that’s forbidden.” [Y/N] explained with tears. I didn’t know what came over me, but I went to hug her. I whispered a thank you in her ear and after a while, she pulled away.