10.10.17

or when there are no nerves.

being with the choirs doesn't terrify me. i get minimal anxiety standing on the stage with them because i know that we've got this and that if i fail, my friends will help me back up.

as i meandered around after the concert, feeling hopeless in that i hadn't a clue where my ride was nor my friends who'd said they would come were.

suddenly, as i walk between the pews of the church, i'm shocked by an excited person who's up in my face, nearby and loud and red-shirt-wearing.

"YOU GUYS DID AMAZING!" he raved as he embraced me and one of friends whom i knew only by name. this was not fake pride by any standards.

until i had to leave, we talked on and off (he had many other friends to tend to), but the entire time he was bright-eyed and hugging me o'er and o'er.

i had to keep reminding myself to not let my hopes run rampant and free. his laughter and smiles were infectious nonetheless.

+++

there are many other stories from yesterday, from laughing uncomfortably at a friend reading fifty shades aloud during psychology to stressing about putting a video project up on youtube. it was a bad day, it was a good day, it was a long day. now, to the psat.