15. Zahra

It's been five years since me and Stuart got married. I got pregnant right away. Stuart was over the moon. He told me how he wished there was actually a baby girl, when Fathima teased me about "Flower of heaven"

And our bundle of joy was born on the same year and she is Zahra Stuart John. I was so hoping she would have the eyes of her daddy, but Stuart's prayers got answered and she got my eyes. Rest of her and pretty much like him. At 4, she is stubborn and has a mind of her own, just like her father. And never gives me a moment of peace, which is also just like her father.

Stuart said he will be late today as he has to finalize a deal.

"Mommy Mommy, I want to see daddy"

"Darling, he is at office. He will be back soon. Come, we'll go upstairs and watch the sun set"

"I want to call daddy" I dialed."Daddy, I miss you. Come home" I could heat Stuart telling her "Poppet can you give daddy one hour to finish all the work? I promise I will come home before you sleep"

"But mommy said you have important work to finish. She told me not to trouble you" Oh Zahra. "No work is as important as my daughter. Tell mummy what daddy said. And give her a big kiss from daddy"

"Mommy take this kiss from daddy. He said I am important" Zahra said with her award winning smile showing off her dimples which she has taken also after her father.

"Stuart, she is okay. Finish the work and come home. We'll be fine"

Zahra can be extremely demanding like her father. I wanted to put a stop at all this tantrums before it becomes like her fathers' but sadly her father thinks it is okay to be a little spoilt, just like him.

Staurt came home around 8. Zahra was over joyed. She had her dinner and slept at 9 in her daddy's arms.

"I need to talk you" I told stuart as he came to our room from Zahra's.

"What's up babe?" He still calls me my love or babe. Very rarely use my name.

I went to him. Took his hand and placed it on my belly.

"There is a new comer there" I told him happily. We been wanting our 2nd child for over an year now. Stuart hugged me to tightly, I thought my bones would break. He kissed me and we were lost in each other for about 2 hours. After having the compulsory shower, he asked me in his most chilled tone "Hamza, is it?" I laughed.

"I didn't pray Isha as yet" Stuart told me. He doesn't miss a single prayer. We have a small majlis ground floor of our house, where Stuart hold his group zikr, mawlids and other religious gathering. He never officially revert to Islam, but the started visiting the same masjid we had our Nikkah often when he needs a break for everything. He made friends with some brothers in the masjid, then he started zikr, prayers and then fasting. We are intending to do Hajj but I don't think I can manage with my 2nd pregnancy.

Stuart doesn't move with my family or his. Totally cut off until recently where I explained to him the importance of having a family for Zahra. Now he is cordial atleast when they speak. As for Zahra, no one except me or Stuart allowed to touch her or carry her. She is a beautiful thing, I must give her that, but he is a supper possessive father.

My world Alhamdulillah revolves around Stuart and Zahra. We have our ups and downs. No one is perfect. But there is perfection and blessing in imperfection.

I waited for Stuart to pray Isha and come to bed.

"Babe, I want to feel the baby"

"It too soon for that"

"Will Zahra be okay if our attention to be divided? Is it too early? She is already not happy when we give our attention to anything or anyone else"

"Darling, she will be okay. She has to learn just like her daddy that sometimes you have to embrace what you don't like in order to fall in love. She is my daughter too. So I am sure underneath all that daddy's girl stuff, she has my heart" I told him teasingly.

"I love you so much honey" he kissed me tenderly. Stuart always has the ability to take my breath away even after 5 years of marriage. "I love you too darling"

This is our happy ending. Me, my life - Stuart and Zahra and the life inside me either Hamza or Maryam. This is my story.

***************************End****************************

Other  books you might enjoy had you liked this book are:

*From hate, to lust to love - Story of Robert and Amira

*In the Arms of an Angel - Story of Joe and Zahra