Chapter4: The 9th Noble

|Dimitri's Pov|

           The doors of my office were suddenly burst open. Elijah, my beta, came in panting as if he had ran a marathon.

"Your father... He's here."

"You're ten seconds late Elijah. That's a new record," he teased.

Elijah immediately went on one knee and bowed in respect. "Lord Vladimir!"

He chuckled and told him to stand and come inside.

"Father," I say calmly as I bowed in respect as well.

I offered my seat to him and sat in the cushion chair in front of my desk.

"Gentlemen, as you both know that the rogues and the newborns have now reconstituted and are working together. They have become stronger, faster, better than I had anticipated. They can evenly match with our nobles, and we all know the nobles are our armour and shield."

"But why though? Why did the newborns side with the rogues?" Elijah inquired.

"Because the leader of the rogues is neither Lycan nor Vampire, he is something... Different," I answered. "He can control the vast newborns because they weren't trained at that time. The thing is very opportunistic."

"I agree. They ambushed the Blue Moon Pack just after the seventh noble decided to leave for an urgent call."

"I highly believe that there's a mole feeding them the information."

"You're right Elijah, and that is why I will install a permanent supervisor and noble to each coven."

On certain occasions, supervisors and nobles visit their assigned society to institutionalise newborns that entered the pack and those who have endured their first shift, to pledge allegiance, protect their pack and themselves.

"When will this process begin?" I asked with my clenched fist resting on the arm of the chair.

"It has already begun." He got up from the chair and went by the window. "Do you know the supervisor that goes by the name, Carolyn Peterson?"

I raked my brain for answers. "Isn't she longest living supervisor of the northern coven?"

"Yes. I recently sent a request for her to join your coven in order to prepare the warriors for any common threat."

"But who will train our newborns to fight?" Elijah asked. I also wanted to know this. A supervisor has no knowledge of combat but knowledge of weaponry.

"A noble is here in this part of area of the North, but she is in charge of one of the southern covens. But it doesn't matter now because there is no need for a noble."

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Because they have a king who was trained to destroy potential threats." The room went silent.

This man is crazy to think that I can teach two hundred men - that are growing in their number per month - to fight.

"But maybe she will come, after all she never wants to be separated from the aunt since she is pregnant." He muttered more likely to himself.