Chapter8: Mark The Impossible

|Clare-Rose's pov|

             It all happened so fast! This was never suppose to happen. What the heck was I suppose to do now?

First he caught me off guard, then I was left shocked by the amount of strength he had to pin me down.

The shivers of pleasure and pain was relived when I touched my swollen neck. His bite mark was still present on my neck. Why won't it heal?

We're mates, maybe it is his way of marking me, I thought as headed to the bathroom. I took a cold shower to ease the throbbing pain from my neck. While I was changing something on my back captured my gaze. There was a full body mirror on the door and another mirror that hung on the wall across from it.

It was a tattoo of a moon crest. It also had the word Luna, in Latin, underneath it. King Vladimir taught me about both the Lycan and Vampire culture. When I was a lot younger he taught me Latin. I knew what this meant, but I couldn't take that position. He already has a Luna.

Disappointment weighed down on me. To say all throughout the years I have been living on this earth feeling nothing but nothing, Dimitri has made me feel all different kinds of emotions. This comes as a surprise to me.

I blame it on the mate bond.

I slipped into bed and curled up underneath the sheets. I slowly drifted off to sleep with one thing on my mind... Dimitri.

°.....°.....°.....°

               "Clare, hello?" Sharon's voice snaps me out of my daze.

Damn it! I exclaimed mentally, I was thinking about him again!

It has only been a few hours since he had bit me and I am starting to feel the pull of the mate bond.

I need to be near him! My mind screamed at me repeatedly.

The bite was sending waves of lust and longing. It was driving me crazy! I'm not sure it's even possible for a hybrid to mark his/her mate, there was never a book about hybrids since Dimitri is the only one.

Lycan blood and Vampire blood are not compatible. They cannot bond to form a new genetic makeup nor can they sustain their host. As soon as the child leaves the womb of his mother he dies.

Dimitri was the only exception, his existence broke the chain of same breed bond. This also caused marriage among more the one partner. Even though some mates are mated to different breeds, it's still impossible to produce a hybrid baby.

As the only hybrid, the elders try to be educated by his kind but failed. Dimitri never wanted anyone to know about him. He was too reserved.

"Yeah?" I answered.

My friends were looking at me suspiciously. I gave them a blank stare in wonderment of what the hell is going on.

"You okay?" Stuart asked me whispering.

I only nodded.

I don't believe you, he thought narrowing his eyes at me.

"You don't look okay. You've been drifting off since you came to school," Sharon remarked.

"And you've been touching your shoulder with this concerned look on your face," Carlie interjected.

I composed my collective posture before saying, "I'm fine, nothing's wrong. I'm just a little stressed after studying for our calculus test."