prelude.

I walked onto the train with my carry on and took deep sigh. This was it. I looked around for one last time and said goodbye to the only home I'd known for 21 years. It was for the best but I knew I'd miss it. Entering a new place was never hard for me, but leaving my family and friends to come to a place where nobody knew my name or anything about me was the hard part. I took my seat and sat my carry on in front of my feet then made sure my headphones were out because this was going to be a long ride.

I put my feet up in the chair and stared out the window as my train passed by all the places I knew and loved.

"Hey."A low booming voice called to me. She tapped my shoulder and I irritably rose my head and pulled one of my earplugs out.

"Yes?"I replied. My voices dripped with irritation and anger. I looked up and my eyes were met with a young woman, about 18 maybe 20 at the oldest. She was gorgeous but she looked like she had been through hell.

She was short, not too thick but not too slim. Her long unkempt extensions were a fiery red color and stopped just above her behind. She had these big brown, almond shaped eyes and full lips. Her skin was a silky medium brown color and her nails were very long.

"I wanted to know if you had a lighter."She replied looking through a large duffle bag that sat on her lap.

"Nah. Ion smoke."I replied with a bit more kindness in my voice. I must say the girl was intriguing, but if I knew then what I knew now she'd be the last person I'd ever get involved with.

She was a good friend to say to say the least, but the things dragged me into were things that I wouldn't introduce to someone I hated more than my own life.

Denise was her name and she was evil. I would charge it to what she had been through but I couldn't fathom how somebody woke up that way. There had to be more to the story...and I found out.