eight.

We walked off of the subway once again, finally reaching the club. It was big place, with lights all over the outside. We walked in and there was a man standing behind a podium. "Who you here to see?"He asked rudely.

"Um we're here for an interview."Denise explained. The man nodded his head and pulled two folders from under his podium and handed them to us. "Fill these out and wait over there."He said dryly and pointed at a table.

Denise and I sat down, looking the contents of the folder. It had several papers that required our signatures such a media release forms, confidentiality agreements and payroll documents.

"What are these forms for?"I asked Denise.

"The media release forms are for things like when people make videos in the club or take pictures here. It's basically just you saying that you're okay with being filmed and photographed."Denise explained. "I had to sign all of this at my last job."

"Ok, what about this one. What's this for?"I asked referring to the confidentiality agreement.

"This one is you agreeing to never speak about what's goes on in here when you're not here. Unless it puts you or the business in danger."She replied and I nodded my head. This was definitely going to be a change for me. I had never worked in a club before. I had only simple and boring jobs like a cashier and a receptionist. Denise on the other hand had been living this life for a while. She learned how to mix and make drinks when she was 16. She was so good at, the clubs had no choice to hire her even though she wasn't legal at the time.

Finally a tall middle aged man approached our table smoking a cigar. "Which one you is the bartender?"He asked, blowing smoke from his lips.

"That would be me."Denise replied sticking her hand out.

"I filled that position yesterday, but if you're good I'll hire you too. Come behind the bar."He instructed, walking towards the bar. The two of us followed behind him.

Him and I took seats in front of the bar then Denise went behind it. She grabbed different things and started to mix them together. She then emptied them into a blender and then put it in cups for both of us to taste.

"This is good. Doesn't even taste like alcohol."I smiled and continued to sip my drink. The man grabbed his cup and drank from it. He didn't smile or mans face, he just nodded his head. "Good. Can you start tonight? Club opens at 5:00 and closes at 5:00. Come in whenever you want, leave whenever you want you just have to have work at least 8 Hours."He explained.

"I'll be here."Denise smiled and joined us on the other side of the bar.

"You're cute. I'll make you a bottle girl or a waitress. Which one would you prefer?"He asked putting his cigar out in the ash tray that sat on the bar.

"What's the difference?"I asked confused, I always though they were the same thing.

"Bottle girls bring bottles and sparklers. Do the happy birthday song and sit in sections with rappers and ball players. A waitress waits. The uniform is the same though. It kind of looks like what you have on now."He explained and I nodded my head. "I'll take the waitress position."

"Alright. Follow me and I'll give you your uniforms."He instructed and the two of us followed behind him.  We walked up a couple of stairs until we got to an office.

"What size you wear?"He asked flipping through a closet full of the skimpy waitress outfits we had to wear. "I need a small."Denise replied and he looked over at me. "Medium."I told him and sighed a little.

"8 o'clock. Both of you."He instructed and we both nodded. Denise and I walked out of his office then outside.

"What's wrong?"Denise asked me.