Chapter 3

With each passing day, Coco's time traveling machine had slowly became a higher priority. N. Brio had taken over Cortex's empire, becoming ruthless. He had all of the mutants, he had the chemistry, he had Cortex's notes and archive...

Coco knew that if she didn't do something soon, she would be overcome with villains. She knew Aku-Aku could protect her, it just wasn't enough to face an army.

So while she was working on the time machine, she was very careful whenever she had to leave the house. Coco had taken an old sail as a drape over her shoulders and some of her brother's old khaki jeans.

She had also taken some goggles. Coco even kept her hair tucked under the hood of the sail. She had to make sure she wasn't recognized. Aku-Aku even waited for her to keep suspicion to a minimum.

Coco was currently out of the house, walking around in her disguise. She made it deep into the tribe before she discovered N. Gin and Tiny.

N. Gin saw her, keeping Tiny where he was. He walked over to her, hands up in surrender.

"I do not wish to harm you, Coco." He commented.

"How am I supposed to believe that?!" Coco demanded, ignoring the fact that N. Gin recognized her.

"Cause you know I would never betray my master...or you." N. Gin explained, the blush clear on his face.

Coco was glad that her sail hid her blush. She looked around. Once she knew it was just them, she lowered the hood.

"I barely have supplies for myself." She pointed out.

"We can help you with whatever you need!" N. Gin replied, turning to Tiny. He asked, "Shall we go with her?"

Tiny nodded as he answered, "Tiny says we should!"

"Then let's go home." Coco offered.

Before she put up the hood again, she snuck N. Gin a small peck on the cheek. N. Gin's eyes went wide, his face quickly turning pink.

...

After bringing (and explaining things to Aku-Aku), Coco fired up her time machine. She managed to find herself back in time, during the first time Crash took down Cortex. Coco walked into the tribe, completely forgetting that Papu Papu would be there.

And once he saw the younger Bandicoot, the overweight chief went after her. Coco gasped and before she could react, a familiar sound almost brought her to tears.

It was the sound of a spin attack. Papu Papu flopped down to the ground, Crash standing on top of him. He flashed two victory signs.

"That's the way I do things!" He gushed.

Coco nearly fainted with hope.

...

Wishmaker1028: Seems like she found Crash! This ought to be interesting... Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!