Chapter 7

Coco's POV

In all of my years of being the hero, I never witnessed such slaughter of innocent lives. The Evil Twins were true to their word. Not only did they conqure the islands, they destroyed them.

They took me as a prisoner and made me watch the horror. I could only hope that Nicholas got away when he got the chance. As Victor pushed me into a cell and closed the door, I got to my feet.

"Why though?" I questioned. "Why did you want the head of that vile human?"

Victor got mad as he explained, "Why?! He ruined our lives! He sent us to the 10th dimension without a care. He was only 8 years old when he first tested out the Evolo Ray on us!"

"You were the first test subjects?!" I repeated, in a bit of awe.

"We were." Victor confirmed. "And we were quite mad with him when he sent us to the 10th dimension!"

With that, he floated off. My mind was plagued with thoughts as I secretly brought out my time traveling watch. I managed to hide it before the Evil Twins got me.

"Time to bring back the big guns." I declared, going back to the past.

...

Hours later, I had returned to my own timeline. I had again failed. But this time, my hatred against Cortex was refueled and renewed. As I was grabbing Crash's hands, to keep him away from Uka-Uka's spell, something happened.

Uka-Uka grabbed Cortex first, like he usually did. Only this time, Crash was safe. I thought I had successfully completed my mission.

"Crash! Help me!" Cortex cried out, in complete fear.

I was expecting for Crash to ignore his pleas, just like I was. He deserved to be a prisoner of time. But the response was immediate, as if the man had done nothing wrong.

"Cortex! Hang on!" He pleaded, leaving the safety of where we were and letting go of my hand.

"Crash!" I shouted, not believing what I was witnessing.

Yet there it was, right in front of my face. Crash Bandicoot. My brother. The hero of the islands. My hero...was saving the life of the madman that caused my world so much pain.

...how could you...

...

I threw my time traveling watch to the ground, breaking it into pieces. The tears ran down my face as I was in complete agony.

He betrayed my actions. He betrayed his family. He betrayed the world. All for...Cortex. I nearly threw up.

Even though he didn't know it, he betrayed his own baby sister. What if I said something? Would it have made a difference...? No, he still would probably chose to save that...slime over himself. Upon thinking that, I did throw up.

...

Wishmaker1028: Sorry for the delay guys, I've been a bit busy. But please read and review! And always think outside of the box!