Chapter 6

Then one day, the monotony of Coco's daily routine was broken. They called themselves the Evil Twins and they wanted to destroy the islands. Coco felt up for the challenge.

She took her signature pistol and met them on the other side of N. Sanity Beach.

"You are the one to challenge us? A mere girl teenaged mutant bandicoot?" Mortiz questioned, insulted.

"That's right, I get to blast you two back to wherever you came from." Coco answered, a bit irked.

"Aw...we wanted to have some fun first. Like see an old friend of ours." Victor protested.

Coco aimed her pistol at Victor and stated, "Yeah, sorry. Can't let you do that."

As she shot, to her shock and amazement, Victor created a black see-through shield with multiple symbols on it. Not only did it block the shot but it bounced it back on Coco. She managed to dodge the shot as it ashed the sand she was just standing on.

"Oh my..." She breathed, in awe.

Mortiz replied, "You get a few more tries, girly. Then we got other fish to fry."

With that, the two retreated back to the 10th dimension. Coco returned back to the house, reporting of what she had learned back to the others.

"So they have come..." Aku-Aku breathed.

"You know of them?" Crunch asked.

"No but I sensed them coming to our dimension." The magical mask explained.

"Tiny says we need to run for the hills!" Tiny commented, a bit scared.

"I must agree. I feel sorry for this old friend of theirs." Nicholas stated.

Coco stood firmly and responded, "You guys can retreat if you want but I got two more tries." She then pointed to her time traveling watch. She added, "And if worst comes to wear, I'll just go back in time."

"And probably fail again..." Crunch pointed out, dejectedly.

"Not this time. Not if our world, our home, and our dimension depends on it." She replied, turning the dial on her watch to go back in time.

With a flash of pink light, Coco went back to the past. She knew she was gambling but what choice did she have.

...

Once again, Coco had failed her mission. Both in trying to save her brother and the second strike with the Evil Twins. Fed up, she went directly to N. Brio.

She passed security and pounded the chemist into the wall.

"Ow, ow, ow!" He protested, trying to get out of her grip.

"What game are you trying to play N. Brio?!" She hissed.

"What are you talking about?" The chemist asked, completely confused.

"The Evil Twins! They are your doing, are they not?!" Coco demanded, getting angry.

"We are not." A familiar voice stated, behind Coco.

Coco turned, allowing N. Brio to touch the ground. That's when they both saw the Evil Twins.

"But he is not the old friend we want to visit." Victor finished.

"Then who is it?!" Coco demanded, her patience wearing thin.

Mortiz responded, "A man we recently found out that is a prisoner of time."

Victor clarified, "Dr. Neo Cortex."

At that point, Coco paled, not realizing that a black energy shield had surrounded her. N. Brio ran off but he didn't get very far. Mortiz had caught up to him, blasting a hole threw his chest.

"Checkmate." He told the chemist, making sure that Coco had heard him.

...

Wishmaker1028: That can't be good! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!