Chapter 9

Coco's POV

I don't know how long I've been in the 10th dimension anymore. Ever since the Evil Twins embarrassed me, they left me here to rot. I eventually met an Evil Crash.

He didn't talk, which was fine by me. I didn't want to talk to him. But every time his eyes fell on me, there was a hint of recognition. I didn't know what that meant.

It wasn't long until I learned the truth.

"They...destroyed me." He finally told me one day.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying not to sound surprise that he spoke.

"They captured me. They experimented on me. They...killed the reason I had to live..." He explained. "They killed my sister... They killed Coco..."

My eyes went wide. How could that be? That's when I realized that they were taking each Crash out of their timeline after something terrible happened and just exploited them.

And it wouldn't stop until they were killed. I looked up at Evil Crash. The tears rolled down his face.

I gulped down my nerves and asked, "What happened to her? Your Coco?"

Evil Crash swept the tears out of his eyes and answered, "I was about to extend our hero base with Dr. Neo Cortex...my best friend."

I felt instantly grossed out. My Crash was also best friends with that monster. But as Evil Crash further explained, Cortex was never truly evil.

He was just forced into a life that he didn't want. I couldn't help but wonder if this was Cortex's life story throughout the cosmos.

Evil Crash continued, breaking me out of my thoughts, "They appeared after they kidnapped my sister. They promised that they wouldn't touch her so long as I surrendered Cortex. I wouldn't do it and seeing the look on her face when I refused..."

He sniffled, pausing for a moment. I was heartbroken. It sounded like his Coco didn't understand the whole thing. Just like me. That's when I realized - Cortex had to be saved in my timeline.

He was just as innocent as Crash. That's when I kicked myself. What have I done? What have I done...?

...

Months had passed but when I heard an electric sound, I paled. Was another Crash or Coco from a different timeline being dumped here?

I grabbed my binoculars and looked towards the mountains. I couldn't make out what it was but it looked like a lab.

Someone came to the 10th dimension. Willingly. Who would... That's when I realized. It had to be another Crash from a different timeline.

Score.

...

Wishmaker1028: Well guys that's the end of the chapter! Hope you guys all enjoyed! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!