18.

"Do you think Seiji could spend the night here?" I ask Tooru, while my nose is buried in my phone, anxiety building as I await his answer.

"Of course," He smirks, "You're welcome to stay over too if-"

"Don't be a perv," I roll my eyes, "Seiji's baby sitter for tomorrow texted saying she has an emergency, and I can't call in sick to work again..."

"I'll handle it," he grins, "We'll have fun just like last time."

"Fine, fine," I pause, "No ice cream for meals this time."

He puts his hands up in defense, but quickly gives up as I give him an icy stare. He knows better than to pick a fight over something that should be obvious.

"Shit it's late," I mumble under my breath, looking over to Seiji, who's still sound asleep, "He's going to be out until tomorrow, do you think I can just give you a key and you can get clothes or whatever he needs then?"

Tooru nods, accepting and annoying his new responsibilities as a fill in baby sitter.

"You have my number, and here's a key," I say, handing him the key from within my bag, "I hate leaving him without saying goodbye, but I don't want to wake him..."

"I'll handle all that whenever he wakes up," Tooru ensures, his lips turning upwards as he grabs a hold of my hand, "Try not to worry alright?" He laughs giving my hand a small squeeze before letting me go.

I turn to the door, giving the knob a turn as I leave, closing it gently behind me before stepping out onto the street.

I begin my solitary walk home, watching the people walking past me on the street, and stare up at the clouds beginning to form overhead. I guess I'd better get home quick, it'd be a pain to show up to work all wet. At least if I get home before it starts I can grab my umbrella. The bus to work will be late because the rain regardless, but I'll get in more trouble if I show up looking bad.

I brush by people faster now, quickening my pace as I get nearer to my apartment. People give me looks for being "rude" but I could care less, they know just as well as I do there's about to be a downpour.

Sure enough, as I barely reach my building it starts. Not gradually but all at once, the rain pounds the cement, growing louder and louder. I stop to watch it for a moment, wondering if Seiji's woken up from it, and whether or not he's begging Tooru to take him outside to jump in the puddles. Or if he's worrying about me, either of them, asking if I got home alright. I'm sure they're too busy doing something together for that thought to even cross their minds. I shrug the thought off as I rush up the stairs of my building trying to get to my floor.

I reach the front of my door, step inside and shut it behind me, taking off my shoes and throwing my things down, and head to my bedroom. I reach for the doorknob before my hand falls short, and my vision begins to fade.

"I told you not to be with that boy, I thought you were smarter than this," she spits through the phone, I can see her twisted expression without her even having to be here, "You either get rid of it, or never see any of us again."

"I can't do that, you know how I feel-" I start, tears brimming my eyes, threatening to pour over.

"It doesn't matter how you feel, I'm not letting you do this to our family." She interrupts me, as I hear her slam the phone on it's receiver, and the line goes dead.

I close my phone, as I sit on the empty field, staring up at the sky, as tears roll down my cheeks. I'm silent at first, but soon my cries turn ugly and loud and dramatic, but there's nothing I can do to stop it. I feel so helpless faced with impossible choices. I continue to cry, but stop suddenly, as if nothing was wrong, the second I feel a firm hand on my shoulder.

I turn upwards to face a spiky haired brunette. He sits beside me silently, not asking questions, but his silence begs for me to fill it.

"I just don't know anymore Iwaizumi," I tell him, sucking in air, trying to calm down.

He nods, giving me a squeeze, prompting me to rest my head on his shoulder and continue to cry. Without knowing why I'm crying, he's able to make me feel better, without embarrassing me or forcing me to talk about something I don't want to. I can't imagine why he thinks I'm crying, but to him it doesn't matter, he's just making sure I'm okay. In a way no one else can, he works things out without saying a word.

"Thank you," I smile, as he gets up, reaching a hand down to pull me up with him.

He returns my smile, "You're such a crybaby."

I begin laughing at his comment, the one time he opens his mouth it's to tease me. How typical.

I sit up, finding myself on the floor in front of my bedroom, clutching my head, and wiping at tears which have suddenly formed, "I guess I overworked myself," I laugh nervously, wondering what the hell just happened. I pull my phone out from within my pocket and groan, I'm already late to work, I've been out for half an hour, which means I missed the bus already too.

I scramble to get dressed in my uniform, knowing I have barely ten minutes to catch the next bus. As I get dressed I try to come up with an excuse to tell my boss so I won't get fired, as well as push whatever just happened out of my mind.