Chapter 2: Lexington to Orlando

It's 4:50 pm while Brian and I are about to leave to catch our plane to go to Orlando FL. Brian packed his stuff and told his parents that we're leaving for Florida. We both walked to my place so I can pack my stuff to go to the airport. After I packed my stuff I told my mom and dad that Brian and I are leaving for Florida as well. Brian and I waited for a taxi to take us to the airport, after 10 minutes of waiting the taxi came and drove us to the airport. Brian and I went to the airport and we went on to our plane. We left Lexington and flew to Atlanta Georgia to Orlando FL, hours later, Brian and I landed in Orlando FL and we both hopped off the plane to get a car. Brian grabbed his stuff and I grabbed my stuff and we both went to the car reception to get a car. Brian grabbed the keys for the car and we both took our stuff to the car and put them inside the boot of the car and we both drove to the industrial property for lease warehouse. It's 8 am on April 20 1993. Brian and I stopped at McDonald's drive-through and he ordered 2 pancakes 2 hash browns and 2 hot chocolates and he woke me up for breakfast. It's 8:59 am when Brian and I made it to the industrial property for lease warehouse 26, 42 and we waited until 9 am.

"I wonder who we are going to meet, Brian," I asked

"Same with me Jess" Brian answered. We waited until a blue van came through the gates of industrial property for lease warehouse. Brian and I got out of the car and we saw the manager of the Backstreet Boys and our cousin Kevin. I got so excited to meet the rest of the Backstreet Boys and the manager.

"Brian, Jess you both made it," Kevin says in an exciting way and hugs us both

"Heh it's good to see you to Kev" I replied and smiled

"It's great to see you cuz" Brian replied and smiled

"Oh Brian, Jess let me introduce you to Lou Pearlman our manager" Kevin replied and introducing Brian and me to Lou Pearlman.

"Hello Brian, hello Jess" Lou replied

"Hello Lou" Brian answered

"Hello" I answered in a shy way. I got shy around Lou and I didn't say anything until Kevin and Brian spoke to me alone.

"Jess you don't have to be shy it's okay" Brian answered

"I'm just nervous about meeting the others how many is there Kev," I asked

"Three guys plus three of us and Lou" Kevin answered

"That's six of us and one manager" I replied

"That's right, you'll be fine Jess, besides you have Brian and me here with you, cuz," Kevin replied

"Yeah your right" I replied

"We love you Jess" Brian answered and smiled

"I love you guys too" I replied with a smile on my face and hugged Brian and Kevin

Brian, Kevin and I went back to the front where Lou is just standing there waiting for us and Lou introduce to Brian and me to three other guys of the Backstreet Boys.

"Brian, Jess, this is AJ McLean, Howie Dorough and Nick Carter. AJ, Howie, Nick this is Brian ... what's your last name Brian?" Lou asked Brian

"It's Brian Littrell" Brian answered

"This is Brian Littrell and what's your name sweetheart?" Lou asked

"It's Jessica Claus but some of my friends call me Jess" I answered

"And this is Jessica Claus but you can call her Jess" Lou answered

"That name is cool" AJ replied

"That name is cute" Howie replied in a flirty way

"That's a beautiful name you have Jess" Nick replied and smiles at me and blushed at me.

"T-Thanks" I replied and I blushed at Nick.

We all went inside 26, 42 warehouses and got straight into practice except for me. I stood outside the restroom and I started singing until Lou heard me singing and asked me if I can sing with the others.

"Can you go on stage to practice with the others please, Jess?" Lou asked

"Um okay Lou" I replied

I went back to the others and I got up on stage and in front of me was a microphone for us to sing. Lou played a song that I know which is "Who's loving you" by The Jackson 5. I started to sing until everyone else went silent and didn't say a word until I finished singing.

"You never told us that you can sing" Howie answered

"Well, I have been singing since I was 5 years old so yeah I can sing" I replied. We got straight into practice singing and dancing when it was 6 pm. We all finished up inside and went outside to the cars. Brian and I were about to jump into the car until Lou stopped us.

"Brian, Jess wait, we are going to my place but don't worry there is plenty of room in my house okay" Lou replied

"Okay we will follow you to your place Lou" Brian replied

We jumped into the car, Brian started the engine and we followed Lou towards Lou's house. We got to Lou's house, Brian turned the engine off and we hopped out of the car, Brian and I grabbed our stuff until Kevin, Nick, AJ and Howie help Brian and I with our stuff inside the house.