Publicity

*Note: I really love this chapter and I think it may be my favorite so far. Anyway, what do you lovelies think about Martin and Blair? Or are you still rooting for her and Billy to get back together? I would hate to be an ass and demand feedback, that being said it would be great to get some feedback because it would help me determine in what direction I want this story to continue*

Martin was still in my bed when I woke up. The bed sheet was covering us only from below the waist and I noticed all the smeared lipstick marks on his muscular torso. I laid on my side and was surprised to find the bundle of pearls now around my own neck.

I placed my hand on Martin's chest as I kissed his pale cheek. He slid his hand between my thighs and pulled my leg across his body. I smiled and quickly pecked his cheek again before resting my head against his shoulder.

"You have lipstick on your chest" I quietly said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He opened one green eye and scanned my body over. "So do you" He replied. I looked down and saw the dark red lipstick smears that mimicked the ones on Martin's body. He gently kissed my forehead as I looked up at him.

"You look like you're taking erotic photos" Martin said as he gently brushed his fingers over my hips. I blushed as I began laughing. "I don't even remember how I ended up with these on" I admitted as Martin laughed with me. There was a loud knocking on the door that interrupted us.

"Shit" I complained as I began to sit up. "Wait" Martin said as he held onto my hips and pulled me back to him. He placed a few sweet kisses on my lips before finally letting me go, I felt like I floated out of bed. I pulled on my black dress that had been tossed under the pile of leather clothes before answering the door. It was Quinn.

"Good, you're here. I called you three times and you didn't answer" He said glad to see me and leaned against the door frame. "What are you doing here?" I asked confused. He handed me a thin magazine and said nothing more.

"Martin, cover up. We apparently have company" I yelled to him over my shoulder. "Ah, so he's here" Quinn smirked as I let him into the room. I gave him an odd and confused look as I sat on the bed in front of Martin. "Quinn this is Martin, Martin this is my agent's assistant Quinn" I introduced the two men.

"I'd get up and shake your hand but I'm not dressed properly" Martin said referring to the sheet that was bunched up at his waist. "I wouldn't think so after the night you two had" Quinn said and winked at me. "What the hell are you talking about? And what is this?" I asked as I held up the magazine.

"Page thirty two, I dogeared it for you" Quinn said as he crossed his arms over his chest. Martin placed his head on my shoulder as I flipped to the folded page. I gasped as one picture in particular caught my attention. It was Martin and I in the hallway from last night, his head was buried in the crook of my neck while my head was tilted back with my mouth open.

"Read it" Quinn encouraged. "Blair Madison, model, with Martin Gore, musician, four years her junior. The couple was spotted at a party last night making eyes at one another before disappearing into a dimly lit hallway where they proceed to have sexual intercourse" I read in disbelief.

My mouth hung open as I saw the three other pictures. One was of Martin and myself sitting on the couch staring at one another, one was of the kiss that had sparked the rest of the night, and the last one was of Martin pulling me into the hallway.

"Who took these?" I asked as I finally closed my mouth. "Some woman who writes the gossip column in that magazine. She must've seen you two together and started taking pictures" Quinn replied.

"How did she manage to get it into the magazine so quickly?" Martin asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "She must've just made it or else it wouldn't be in there, would it?" Quinn replied clearly upset. It was like another Sex Pistols magazine incident, only this time it wasn't done on purpose.

"Why are you so pissed off? Obviously there's nothing I can do about these pictures" I said as I waved the magazine in his direction. Martin unfazed by Quinn being there began to kiss my neck. "You couldn't just wait until you got back to your hotel room?" Quinn asked. I tangled my fingers in Martin's blonde curls and closed my eyes as I tilted my head back.

"No, I couldn't wait" I replied with a smile. "You'll have to issue a reply to the magazine" Quinn said and sighed. I turned my head towards him and chuckled. "What do you want me to say? That I was attracted to the beautiful boy in the skirt and couldn't help myself, so we had sex in a hallway in the middle of the party not caring if anyone could see us?" I asked as Martin laughed against my neck.

"Quinn, there's no other way to say it. It's obvious what happened and honestly I don't have anything to say about it. So, if we're done here I'd like you to leave" I said and was glad when Quinn actually left. My silence with Martin was short lived, the phone rang once again interrupting us.

"Yes?" I asked annoyed into the phone. "Blair, tell me this magazine thing isn't real" An unexpectedly familiar voice said. "Billy, how do you know about that?" I asked shocked.

"I come to England to make sure you're okay and I have these pictures shoved in my face as soon as I got off the plane" Billy said just as upset as Quinn was. "First of all" I said and took a deep breath in before sighing. "I didn't ask you to follow me here. I was actually happier last night when I thought I was away from you. And second of all, it's none of your business" I replied and slammed down the phone.

"You said Billy, like Billy Idol right?" Martin asked. I nodded. "I thought you said you weren't dating him anymore" He said confused. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "It's a whole complicated mess, but to make a long story short I'm not dating him anymore" I replied. The phone rang again and I stupidly picked it up. Billy only had the chance to say my name before I hung up on him and pulled the cord from the wall to disconnect it.

"I should be going anyway, we have soundcheck soon" Martin said as he pulled himself out of bed. My heart ached as I thought of Martin getting hurt by me. I bit my bottom lip as I sadly watched him pick up his clothes before he looked up at me. He threw the leather pile on the bed and walked over to me. Martin cupped my face in his hands and gently pecked my lips a few times.

"I'm not sad or anything. I have to clean up and leave before Dave gets mad that I'm late" Martin said before pecking my lips again. He frowned for a moment before his face lit up. "You could come with me, if you'd like. I'm sure the guys won't mind they seemed to like you almost as much as I do" Martin said as he smiled down at me.

When we got to the venue for the concert I was warmly greeted by Alan and Fletch, Dave's greeting was...a bit different to say the least. He was at first shocked to see me there, then he was almost angry at poor Martin for bringing me. After that I tried to stay away from Dave as much as possible and tried to stay at Martin's side in fear of him being yelled at by Dave.