~Chapter 12~

Mito's point of view.

We weren't in the forest ten minutes when we could already hear the screaming. Naruto and Sakura startled by it jumped and latched on to me. "That sounded like someone screaming." Sakura whimpered out, "Yup, this forest has begun to wake up, the smell of pray will keep it active till we all either get eaten or finish this test." I said wanting to scare them. Hoping it will keep them on their toes.

"I do not like this place." Sakura said as she climbed down from me, Naruto still holding on looked at Sakura, "O-oh, come o-on...it's no-nothing to be scared o-of." Sasuke chuckled mockingly, "Says the loser clinging to his sister." Naruto jumping off to yell at Sasuke stopped mid-movement. "Excuse me a second, I really gotta...you know." he said as if his stance alone wouldn't be enough to tell us he had to pee.

Sakura getting angry punched him over the head, "Hey quit hitting him in the head! He needs all the brain cells he's got!" I yelled but Sakura continued to yell at him, "Why you-! Get out of here! What do you think this is? Some kind of kennel? Not in front of us you don't! Find a bush or something!" Sakura said pointing away from us.

-

When he came back I knew it wasn't him right away, flashing in front of him knife in hand, I ignored everyone yelling as I plunged the knife deep into his abdomen. Gasping and clutching my shoulder he looked at me confused, "What-?" Glaring I let his weakened body fall to the ground, "You are not my big brother." Sasuke seeing it too joined me at my side as Sakura was still confused.

Chuckling weakly the guy's disguise vanished revealing a Rain-ninja, "You picked the wrong team to mess with." I said, "And it will be the last thing you ever do." feeling it, he coughed through his rebreather and slumped over, dead. "Sakura you and Sasuke go and look for Naruto, while I check to see if he's got the Scroll for his team." they didn't argue and left the same way Naruto did.

-

It had taken me a while to go through the Rain Nin's things but when I finished, I realized he didn't have his team's scroll. Burying him with his headband over the grave I hoped his team found him and took him home for a proper ceremony. I hate killing but if you go after my brother or my team, you sign your own death warrant. Finding my team not too far, they were afraid I was an imposter.

"Tell us something only we know." Sasuke said I smirked. "Well you asked for it, Sasuke it's really me because you have this cute little beauty mark on your left butt-" "Ah! Ok! It's her." stepping beside me he mumbled, "You didn't have to go that far." I giggled, "Well you wanted me to tell you something only you would know, so..." he nodded.

"Okay, well we came up with a password in case something like what happened, happens again." I nodded. Telling me the password, more like passphrase I frowned, looking at Naruto I realized that if someone were to transform into him again and were to get it right it would be a clear sign that it was an imposter again.

Smiling I grabbed Sasuke's hand and pulled him to me so I could give him a sweet kiss for his genius thinking. Realizing I knew he smirked. "I knew you'd figure it out, Cap." I shrugged and we got ready to move when Naruto's cheek was cut again, looking to where it could have come from, we were blasted back by a monstrous wind. Blasted back we were separated.

-

I don't know how long we were separated, but as I raced through the trees looking for my team I could feel this thirst for blood that was chilling. But I pushed through it, finding the remains of a fight and a figure with an elongated neck aimed at Sasuke, I used my teleportation mark I usually keep on him to appear at his side, seeing fangs in the mouth of the elongated creature I just moved.

"SASUKE!" Pushing him out of the way I felt them. The burning pain of the fangs in my throat, though they weren't there long as the creature pulled away, falling to my knees I gripped my neck in pain as all I felt was a slow and agonizing pain burning through my veins. "Oh, I missed. However, she was also on my list for my gift, I will just have to adjust my plans. Until we meet again."

The creature phased through the trees and vanished, leaving me in excruciating pain, Sasuke and Sakura at my sides and Naruto as I looked pinned to a tree by his jacket. Unable to hold in my screams of pain any longer, it was all that could be heard throughout the dense forest, but I remember Sasuke squeezing me against his chest and gripping my hand, as I gripped his, feeling his warmth and comfort helped.

Unable to bear the pain anymore I welcomed the blackness of the unconscious world. My body numbed and my mind drifted as I was pulled deep within my mind. Not exactly what I wanted but better than feeling the pain from the creature's bite.

Sasuke's point of view.

She came out of nowhere and saved us again. Her taking the hit saved the rest of us and I could be more grateful and more worried, I have never seen her like this. In so much pain that she was screaming rushing to her side, I pulled her into me to hold her and maybe help in some way, but I couldn't. Looking at the wound, it was bleeding and next to it a mark formed, three spirals twisting together.

(A/N: Look at the picture.)

She death gripped my hand, it hurt but I didn't care. "Sakura, go get Naruto, we don't know if that person will be back." she nodded and took off, holding Mito as she squeezed a bit more her screaming stopped and she passed out, picking her up I went and met up with Sakura who had Naruto hanging off her back. Finding a tree with roots growling like a cave, we laid the two of them down and left to set up traps.

-

It was quiet, too quiet. Using my Sharingan I looked around and found three Chakra signatures. They were probably the sound ninjas that Orochimaru sent. From what she or he or whatever it is, I'm supposed to fight them, but after my fight with him before I'm running on absolutely nothing. Mito was down and Naruto was unconscious. Leaving me and Sakura. We were up shit's creek without a paddle.

"Sakura, eyes open we got company." I told her and she nodded. A few moments later a squirrel came running over to us Sakura was going to scare it away but I saw the bomb tag. Using wires I redirected it off towards the forest and away from us and our traps. Stepping out of the forest, who I'm assuming is the Sound Team under Orochimaru's control came out and grinned at us evilly. "We want Mito and Sasuke." I silently panicked.