~Chapter 21~

Third person's point of view.

"Fan out and look for her!" Kakashi's shouted, "Radio in if she turns up!" he finished and they all took off, Mito had caught up to Naruto and used her mark on Yukie to get them to her faster, the twins stood in front of her prone body, she was hurt but she was exhausted and slowing coming to when they got to her.

"Sheesh...How many times are you gonna run away from your fate?" Naruto asked annoyingly, "I'm going to radio this in, okay?" Mito said and walked a few feet away as Naruto helped Yukie up and then onto his back. "Kakashi-sensei, Mito here, Naruto and I have her and we'll be back in a few minutes." Kakashi radioed back in that he was glad and the twins started to move.

As it turns out, Yukie didn't want Mito anywhere near her because of what had happened at the bar and so Naruto asked her to go on ahead and sighed in annoyance before agreeing. "Just be safe, okay." he nodded and gave her a big grin, teleporting back to the crews' location she was greeted by Sasuke and the rest of her squad. "Where's Naruto and Yukie?" Kakashi asked,

"They're on their way, it would seem Yukie doesn't like me. So Naruto told me to go on ahead, but don't worry I have my mark on them and I could be there in a flash if need be." this seemed to ease their Teacher and they stood around to wait.

-

When the tracks appeared in the snow, Kakashi had everyone hide while Mito and the others got ready for an ambush. Sakura was tasked with avalanches, while Sasuke would do traps, Mito was on protection detail, she needed to keep the fifty warriors that Sandayu went to get safe, while Kakashi dealt with the Snow-nins.

As they raced down the mountain the train opened up its weapons' cannon and took aim. Flashing back and forth she deflected the weapons and or moved warriors out of the way, then hid again to keep from being seen, "What...?" Doto growled out in anger and confusion as his first volley didn't hit any of the still approaching men,

"Sir, it's the Uzumaki girl, you know the one that had a flee on sight warning put on her name in the ninja books a few months ago." One of the ninjas said to their leader, sighing he took a moment to think before coming up with a plan, speaking away from his microphone he told the three ninjas what to do.

-

Loosing another volley, Mito deflected them, but in the middle one of the ninjas went after Sandayu, distracted by the still flying volley, Mito made clones and moved the warriors out of the way and rushed to the older man, she got there just in time but at the cost of her eye, taking a slice to the face, everything became black in her left eye.

In her communication system, she could hear her team shouting her name as he brother rushed to her from his spot in front of Yukie, "Don't Move!" she roared, in a flash she had her sword out and she whipped it across her attacker's face, cutting him from the bottom of his right jaw up to his hairline not sparing his forehead protector or lavender hair.

Retreating to the train, everyone did their part, Sakura threw bombs and released mounds on snow, making the train move towards Kakashi who waited with his finger on a switch for wired bombs on a small bridge. But most of the important parts made it and the train derailed what they didn't need and kept going.

Sasuke tried to follow but Mito, while half-blind stopped him, "Hold it, Sasuke. Don't be hasty!" he stopped and looked at her, then remembered what had happened, "Damn it! Mito! Are you okay?" she obviously wasn't but he didn't know what to say to help. Kakashi-sensei rushing to them made her sit as he looked her over.

"Well, Sensei? Will Mii-chan be okay?" Naruto asked as he came over to her with Yukie close by his side, Sandayu following with his men at his side, "Miss. Mito, I am so sorry I couldn't do anything to--" he started but her raised hand stopped him, "I'll be fine, just give me a minute and--" she said but stopped to wince and groan.

"You aren't fine, Mito! Hell, you lost an eye!" Sasuke shouted making her sit back down when she tried to get back up, "That's what comes of 'Never giving up'." Yukie said getting everyone's attention back on her, "If she hadn't done what she did then she wouldn't have lost an eye." No one said anything for a moment,

"Princess..." Sandayu said heartbrokenly, her words could mean two things; one, it was Sandayu's fault for Mito's injuries and second, she wouldn't care if he had died. But Sandayu still believed in Yukie. He even expressed it in a little speech which she completely ignored by keeping a straight face.

"Are you satisfied? Let's go back. If you stay here any longer...your lives will be in jeopardy." Yukie said and started to walk away from the warriors and the crew, "Let's go home already." she said darkly, "Go home to where? I thought this was your home! wasn't it?! What the heck do you need to go back to?! Your place is here! Now face Doto and put your house in order!!"

Naruto was getting mad now, "You know absolutely nothing." she hissed over her shoulder, "Spring doesn't come to this country. Our tears have frozen over...and our hearts hardened with the cold." Mito was getting tired of the victim schtick. Looking at the girl with her remaining eye she smirked sarcastically,

"I have never once in my life, heard someone whine so much about the lot they were dealt, but you, lady, take the cake." Yukie spun and glared at Mito. "I have seen and met people with less in their lives and have felt more pain than you and still live the next day with the brightest smiles I could ever see, all because they don't want to worry others." Kakashi-sensei knew who she was talking about.

"If you can only think of yourself, and your fears, then the people are better off with Doto, because you would just screw everything up even more with your half-hearted shitty attitude. So suck it the fuck up and pull on your big girl pants." Mito's words were harsh but necessary because they seemed to start to wake up Yukie,

But not soon enough because Doto returned with a flying Warmachine, the thicker snow ninja used his extending arm and latched onto Yukie, pulling her up into the machine, Naruto throwing a small kunai with a rope attached trailed along while Sasuke carried Mito out of the way from the knives with expanding icicle bombs.

Landing near the crew with Mito in his arms, Sasuke turned to Sakura, "Sakura! Where's Naruto?!" looking for him she found him climbing into the ship, "Oh, you're kidding me! He didn't!" Mito turning her head to see she frowned when she saw Naruto climbing into the ship, "That sneaky little--" Mito started but Sasuke cut her off when he moved to a sturdier place.