~Chapter 33~

Third person's point of view.

Mito had gotten in from a mission when she found Deidara bitching about losing an arm in a fight against Kakashi. She had to hold in her snort of laughter after hearing that. It was mildly busy for the Akatsuki, they went out in pairs to collect Bijuu hosts and bring them to the closest hideouts for the extraction part of the task.

She was never asked to do this because of her skills she was usually on protection duty with whoever was at the same base as her, but after what happened with Sasori and his death at the hands of Chiyo and Sakura, Deidara was partnerless and Pein was in the market for a new one for him,

Which evidently left the newest addition Tobi up for that position. Mito was much too temperamental when it came to Deidara and usually beat the shit out of him for being a pain in her ass. As she was going to do now. His bitching and whining for Kakuzu to reattach his arm. Sitting on the couch with her head leaning on her fist Mito frowned.

"I can't make my exploding art with one arm!! Kakuzu!! Sew it back on would ya!! I'm completely useless without both arms!!" Deidara shouted at the money counting rouge. "Deidara, you know perfectly well a ninja must learn to adjust to whatever happens, so suck it the fuck up and leave the man alone." Mito said without looking at him.

Deidara glared at her and in his rage forgot she only had one arm, "What would you know, uh!!" Pein walking in answered that for her, "Deidara, have you forgotten that Mito only has one arm and can beat you in a fight without either of them." everyone but Mito bowed in greeting and fear of Pein but she didn't care.

Konan stepping over to Mito spoke softly telling her that Itachi needed to see her and Mito nodded and got up. She passed a yawning Kisame as she went, "Hey Blondie-locks." he greeted but she ignored him and kept going, when she was out of earshot Kisame turned back to the others, "She's still mad about me taking her arm, isn't she?"

Several members nodded or voiced that she was before Kisame sighed and sat at the table and scratched his head, "We're a tea now you'd think she'd get over it a least enough to talk to me as well as Itachi." they all either scoffed or shook their heads at him, "Nope." Tobi cheered with a strange expression showing on his orange swirl mask.

-

When Mito got to Itachi's room, he was standing by his dresser with a small jar in his hand. When he heard her coming he tucked away the jar and smiled upon her coming into the room. "Konan said you wanted to see me?" she questioned as she leaned against the door frame. "Yes, we have something to do, and we'll be gone for a few days so get packing."

He said and she narrowed her eyes at him in confusion but left to do so anyway. "Okay...?" getting to her room she packed and sealed her things for an easier time carrying it and left to meet back up with Itachi, they had left behind their cloaks and headbands as they wouldn't need them and wore regular warm black cloaks instead.

-

The traveled for several days before coming to a very remote village, Mito looked around taking everything in, and most of the shops were healing shops or a doctor's office of some sort or type, "Here we are." Itachi said leading them into a building on his left. Following him in, they were greeted with a warm smile from the receptionist.

He was a handsome man with deep violet hair, he wore red rectangular glasses and a dark shirt with the sleeves pushed up. He blushed profusely when he looked at Mito and Itachi.

 He blushed profusely when he looked at Mito and Itachi

"I made an appointment here a few days ago." the Receptionist nodded, "Yes, I remember, Itachi-san, right?" he said making sure and Itachi nodded, "Is this the woman you set it up for?" he nodded again as Mito was looking around, "I'll go and tell the doctor that you two have arrived." Itachi nodded and the Receptionist left through the door behind his desk.

"Itachi, why are we in a transplant clinic?" Mito asked figuring it out from all the posters and pamphlets laying about. "Because you've gone on long enough with one eye, if I'm leaving this world I want you to be able to see everything for the both of us, that's my last gift to you and I'm not letting you talk me out of this."

Mito stood there with her jaw hanging as he said that, "That isn't fair!" she growled out, "Too bad, suck it up." he said using her words that she used on Deidara. Turning her head at him and pouting he took that as his gift accepted. And just in time too, as the Receptionist came back with the doctor and led them to where they would get started.

-

When the medication wore off, Mito woke up with her eye covered and a feeling of power washing over her. It made her lightheaded when she tried to sit up, Itachi having been seated at her side the whole time, pushed her back down when she wobbled to sit up. "Slowly you're going to feel groggy for a few days."

She nodded and let him lay her back down. "How long will we be here?" she asked while turning on her side to look at him. "You'll be here until you are 110% better, I will have to go back tomorrow afternoon." her ocean blue eye widened, in worry and shock. "Why? Does Pein have a mission for you or something?" he nodded.

"If you want to help...follow your heart and your instincts they'll lead you back." she frowned at him confused by his words but sleep was pulling at her and she was still too exhausted to fight it. Falling asleep she felt Itachi climb in next to her and she instantly grabbed onto him and snuggled closer to him.

-

When Mito woke she was being checked on by a nurse. The woman was reaching out to touch her but Mito's hand snapped out and gripped her wrist. "Oh, are you awake?" she asked as Mito let go and sat up, "How long was I asleep?" she asked and the nurse smiled, "Two days, your companion left yesterday."

Mito growled in anger and threw the sheets from her body so she could get up, "Your still not strong enough." the nurse said trying to make Mito sit but she was, the woman couldn't even make her budge. "Is that proof enough that I'm fine." she glared down at the woman who gave up and nodded,

Getting dressed, Mito tossed her cloak around her shoulders and untucked her hair. With it free and flowing down to her calves, she reached up and ripped the gauze from her face.

When the nurse saw the way Mito's eyes looked she gasped and Mito looked at her, finally after four years of being partly blind she loved the new and enhanced way she saw things

When the nurse saw the way Mito's eyes looked she gasped and Mito looked at her, finally after four years of being partly blind she loved the new and enhanced way she saw things. It was like...someone turned on the lights in her left eye, everything was brighter and new, she could even see the flow of Chakra in the nurse who smiled at her.

"You look amazing. Kinda like someone, I met many years ago." Mito could tell who she was talking about, but didn't humor the woman and left. She was ready to get back and start working on re-mastering everything with her eye back. As she had learned to coop with only half her sight,

On her way back to the base, she was intercepted by Tobi. He wasn't acting like the idiot he usually did. "Tobi, what are you doing here?" she asked playing as dumb as was logically possible. Hair slightly covering her new eye, he could barely see it but he could sense it. She was now the new owner of Shisui Uchiha's eye.

Tobi smiled under his mask, Itachi was good. Putting so much power into an already powerful person. Tobi was going to have to re-think somethings, "Oh, nothing! Just waiting for Deidara-Senpai, I made him kinda mad and he blew me up!" Tobi said goofily. Mito rolled her eyes and started to walk by Tobi,

He stood to her left and the wind blowing into her face revealed her eye and he stepped away from her in surprise. He couldn't really tell before but now he could really see it and now he really had to prepare for ways to deal with her. Turning to really look at her he sputtered and stumbled over his words as she was nowhere in sight and he couldn't sense her.