Chapter 9

Your Pov

It was morning, the sun crept through the windows of my apartment, it was beautiful considering it was winter. I was downstairs making some coffee for the both of us. I made his first, putting it in the microwave to keep the heat in. I sipped mine, sitting down as I chomped on some toast. I heard a yawn and footsteps follow after, I looked at the staircase and found a tired Joey walk down. I smiled and got his coffee, setting it down as I made him some eggs and toast. "What's all this for?" Joey stretched as he walked into the kitchen. "Nothing, just felt like cooking today." I flashed a smile at him, he nodded and kissed my cheek as he got his coffee, drinking it.

I sat a plate of bacon, toast, and eggs down in front of him. He smiled thankfully at me and started to eat. "This is really good." He had a hand over his mouth as he spoke. "Why thank you." We eventually finished breakfast and started to pack, Joey helped me as I helped him, we were now at his house. "Hey Callie girl." I softly pet her. She happily barked and panted, circling around me as I giggled,  my phone rang as I looked at the caller ID to see 'Mark' pop up. I smiled and picked it up. "Hello?" His voice went through the receiver. "Hey (Y/n), can I ask a favor from you?" "Sure, what is it?" "Could you edit one of my videos for me? Ethan and Kathryn are busy and I don't want to disturb them." I nodded.

"Sure, when can I come over?" "Anytime is fine." I nodded and looked at Joey, holding a finger up, causing him to nod. "Alright, I'll be over later today." I could tell he was smiling. "Alright, see you soon. Bye." "Bye." I hung up. "I'll be at Mark's for a little bit alright?"He nodded. "What for?" "I'm editing a video for him." Joey walked over and tightly hugged me, causing me to giggle and hug back. "I'll see you soon (Y/n)." "See you later Joey." I got out of his arms and walked down after kissing his cheek. I had on a red flannel and blue jeans, along with light brown winter boots, the inside was fluffy and warm, the flannel was warm too, on top of that I wore a grey hoodie that said my last name on the back, I used to play basketball in high school, I used to be athletic. My mom got me the hoodie for my birthday so I wore it.

I got in the car and buckled up, driving to Mark's office.  I eventually got out and walked to the door, knocking on it. Footsteps we're hears from inside and the door opened to reveal a slightly tired Mark. "Hey (Y/n), come on in." He stepped aside and let me in. I smiled. "Hey Mark." Barks were heard and a happy Chica ran into the room, panting. "Hey Chica bica!" She panted, sitting down as Mark smiled. I stood up and walked to his recording room to import the video to the other computer. I did what I needed and walked to the office where the spare computers were. I sat down and placed the headphones on, it was a 'Who Killed Markiplier' video. I loved them. I was in the room for at least two hours before finishing it.

"Done." I leaned back and popped my fingers before taking the headphones off. 'Boy their in for a surprise.' I laughed to myself and stood up, I quickly sent the video back to Mark's computer, then turned it off. I headed to the door and walked out. "Thanks (Y/n)!" I heard Mark shout from his recording room. I laughed a bit. "Anytime!" And with that, I walked out and drove to Joey's house. He was outside and leaning against the door frame, waiting for me. I got out and faced him. "Aww, were you waiting for me to come back?" He did a sly smile. "Maybe..."

I giggled and walked to him, kissing his cheek. "Your adorable." "Not as adorable as you." He replied as he followed me in. "Smooth Joey, smooth." He softly chuckled. "Thank you." We sat down on the couch as I started to let Callie. "Hey Callie girl!" She licked my face, causing me to giggle. We ended up watching our favorite Christmas movie, he rested his head on my lap as I gently ran my hands through his hair, soothing him. I gently scratched his scalp due to it calming him more. I smiled softly and soon heard soft snores erupt from my sleeping giant. I really love Joey, and I know he loves me. I fell asleep a few minutes after him, I felt him wake up and lie me down next to him, having me cuddle in his chest. I happily slept knowing I was safe and loved.

A few hours later

I shivered slightly at the loss of body heat, instead I felt heat on my feet. I looked down to see Callie laying on them, causing me to smile. "Adorable." I softly muttered. I heard talking and  sneeze, probably Joey. "I don't think I'll be able to make it to film day today." Mumbling was heard on the other line. "I think I've caught a cold." I frowned at that, I was going to make sure Joey had a successful recovery. I was going to be his nurse for today. He came back a few minutes later. "Hey (N/n)." His nose was red, looking like he's been blowing it. I sat up and stood up, walking over as I gently placed the back of my hand on his forehead, he was boiling hot. "Joey, your fever is high." I held his hand and let him back to the couch, laying him down as I covered him up.

I walked in the kitchen and made some tea with a honey in it to soothe his throat. Then I made some soup and doused a wash rag in cold water, placing it on his forehead as I set the tea on the table, kissing his cheek. "I hope you get well soon Joe-fro." He tiredly smiled, sipping his tea. "Thanks (Y/n), what would I do without you." He cuddled in the blankets and fell asleep, snoring softly. I moved the rag and kissed his forehead before starting the fire, being careful to not burn myself. The soup was going to take a while to cook, so I answered some emails, leaving the major important ones to him.  I sat down and watched (F/s). I was a few minutes in before my eyelids grew heavy, causing me to dream about my night in shining armor.

Hey guys! Author here, the reason the updates are SOOO slow is because I'm trying to level it off to where it's closer to Christmas in IRL and in the book, get what I mean? So it's Christmas here and in the book. Sorry for not updating I've been trying to do as I said, but decided to give you a chapter. Voila! Hope you liked it!!