4: Cora Stones

"I've never been this tired in my life," Ray said putting the pack on the charger that was in the car. We were all sitting beside it since our home was destroyed by Ligen. We had been catching ghost left and right putting them in traps. What sucked was that we had no place to put the newly caught ghost. Ligen was right, this was a lost battle we were fighting. I took the water Peter was giving us all and the small dinner he could pull up since we didn't have much money either. So it was pretty much a bunch of chips and junk food. 

"I can't believe we have to live like this," Peter said eating a chip. "Living in our car, working day and night with no breaks, eating things like this, and hoping we can get Egon back." 

"Please don't mention it," Winston told him. "We still don't know how to get him back, and we don't want to upset..." 

"We'll have to talk about it sooner or later," I told them has they looked at me. I was eating a packet of doughnuts. "How are we going to save Egon from being Ligen's puppet?" 

"Do you think doing what Egon did to Ligen would free him?" Winston asked. I shock my head sadly. 

"If I do that, I'll kill Egon," I answered. "Ligen isn't stupid. He would tie his life force to Egon's life force so we couldn't drive him out until he is good and ready to leave his body." 

"So you are pretty much telling us that there is no way to save Egon?" Ray asked. I sighed and stood up. I saw ghost and demons running around, picking up people to never be seen again. I sighed and hit the side of Ecto 1. 

"I hate this!" I yelled trying not to have anyone look at me. "The cities in panic, Egon's gone, and there's nothing we can do! We have no place to put the ghosts, we have no idea how to free Egon, and we have to worked our asses off to keep people save. I just don't know what to do," I said sliding down the car. I placed my head again the door and started to cry. I didn't sob too much, I just let the tears fall. Ray, Peter, and Winston all sat beside me. Well Peter sat beside Winston, but he was still close. 

"We know," Ray whispered and put his head in his hands. We were all upset about this, we knew that. 

"So this is what the great Ghostbusters do when they have to save the world?" I heard someone ask. I looked up to see the brown hair, her purple eyes, orange marks. All like when she warned Egon. It was Cora Stones. 

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked standing up. "And we were just taking a break, that it!" 

"What I'm doing here?" she asked back. "I'm here to help in any way I can. If that's not a problem Dr. Venkman." 

"We need all the help we can get," Winston told her before Peter could open up his big mouth. "What can you do?" 

"What ever I can to help. I can fire the packs, throw the traps, whatever I can do." 

"Great," I said with a smile. "Let's get you up to date and ready." 

_________ 

"Poor Egon," Cora sighed. She was all set in an orange jumpsuit with pink trimming. It looked good on her has she stood in front of us. 

"Yeah," I told her fingering his uniform. I just wanted him here with us. If he was here he would know what to do. Stop it! I snapped at myself. 

"So what is the plan?" Winston asked. The others looked at me. 

"I have to come up with the plan?" I asked. They nodded. I sighed. "Great. Let's see. The only way to stop this plague of demons is to stop Ligen. The only way to do that is to get him out of Egon's body and out in his 'form' whatever it is. He'll be weak in that form and we can stop him. The problem is I don't know how to do it." 

"We'll have to think of something," Cora told us. "So where would Ligen set up his base?" 

"It would have to be a place he felt safe," I answered looking around the area we were in. "A place he didn't think we could get in. He might not think we can beat him, but he isn't stupid. He would stay hidden until he was ready to kill us." 

"So smart girl," Peter started with a smirk on his face, "where is that?" 

"I don't know," I answered. I sighed and held Egon's uniform in my hands. "You would know where to look." 

"He would," Ray agreed. 

"Maybe we should start thinking like Egon," Winston suggested. 

"That would be like asking a turtle to think like a rabbit," Cora told him making us laugh. 

"She's right," I said laughing. "No one can think like Egon does. Almost everyone in the town we grew up in did. They had a large headache afterwards." 

"I wish Egon was here right now to be glaring at us," Ray sighed. I looked down and saw Egon's engagement ring in his pocket. I saw mine and gasped. 

"Janine and Louis!" I cried. 

"Oh no," the others said just has upset has I was. 

"We have to make sure they are safe!" Ray cried and we all hurried into Ecto 1 and drove off. We had to make sure that our friends were safe. In all the hurry we almost forgot about them, and they could be dead. We had to find them and make sure they were safe. It is what Egon would want. We had to save them.  

So this chapter goes out to CoraStonesGhostbusta since she gave me rights to Cora. I told you she was going to play a big part in this book. So I think there will be at least fifteen chapters to this book. More then ten, maybe twenty. Aiming for fifteen. So I hope you liked the chapter. I already have the plot for the next book and the title, Freeing Natalie. That might be the last book I write in the Ghostbuster books. I might make more later, but there will be one big difference. Peace out my Stars!