8: The Fall of a Ghostbuster

“Where are we going?” Peter asked me has we drove down the street. I saw the ghost that gave me Egon’s mind.  I saw the ghost that tried to take me before Lick saved me. I saw all the ghost I remembered from my time has a Ghostbuster. I smiled and drove a little faster.

“We’re going to save Egon,” I answered and the others cheered. “I think I have an idea where Ligen took him.”

“Where is he?” Janine asked me. I smiled at her.

“The Empire State Building.”

“Of course,” Ray said, his face lighting up. I smiled at him knowing that he got what I was saying. I pulled up in front of the building looking up at it.

“So this is it,” Peter said leaning against the car. “We may never come back from this fight. Anybody what to say anything before we go up?”

“I think we all know what we would say to each other,” Cora told him. We laughed and agreed. We walked to the door, but a bright flash blinded me. I looked up and saw Ligen smiling down at us, Egon’s body floating in the air. He sent something down on us and we all fell to the ground.

“Let him go!” Janine yelled at him. Ligen just laughed and landed in front of us.

“Why should I do that?” he asked.

“We’ll force you out of his body if you don’t!” Louis yelled at him.

Ligen laughed at us. I stood up, and a light shinned around my brother’s body. I covered my eyes, and when I looked back, I could see him smile.

“I am almost ready to be free of Egon Spengler,” Ligen told me. “A new body, all in my own vision. Nothing can stop me now, not even you Natalie Spengler!”

I had to shut my eyes tight and cover them. The light was so bright that it made me fall back down with the others. When I looked back, I saw Egon in chains, his eyes closed, almost like he was tired. He looked up and smiled at me, fully aware that the chains were there. I didn’t know what Ligen was up to now. He chained himself for what reason?

“I did no such thing,” I heard Ligen tell me, but it wasn’t Egon’s body that spoke. He looked at me sadly.

“I’m not Ligen Natalie,” he called to me, his voice back with his body. Egon was free. That means Ligen was creating a new body.

I saw his large hand that had long claws. His skin was now a green color that was light in shade. His eyes were a deep red, almost like wine. His teeth were a smooth white, pointed at the ends. His hair was still the black color, but it was in a neater style then it was before. His clothing showed off muscles all over his body. His new body was now the perfect weapon for him.

“No,” Peter sighed has he stood up. He grabbed the end of Egon’s chains, making my brother groan in pain. He placed the chains on the cuffs of his sleeves. Egon was hanging by his hands and feet on Ligen’s new chest. Ligen smiled down at us.

“Now what should my first act in this new body be?” he asked.

“Let Egon go!” Ray yelled at him. Ligen just smiled.

“If I could let Egon Spengler go, then I would,” he told us. “Yet I still need his body and life energy to keep this new body.”

“You won’t get to keep Egon or that body!” Winston yelled at him. Ligen just laughed.

“What are you going to do? Hit me with your streams?” he asked laughing. “Won’t that hurt Dr. Spengler here? You can’t stop me.”

“He’s right,” Ray whispered. I sighed.