7: Let's Free Us a Spengler

*Natalie's pov*

I wiped the sweet off of my forehead has we shoot the last powerful ghost into the trap. It was one hell of a day, and we still had no idea where Egon was at. I just wanted to find my brother and free him from Ligen’s hold. I sighed and took the water Ray gave me. I chugged it down and looked at the trap.

“Hey Cora,” I told her and she looked up, “can I talk to you? Alone?”

“Sure,” she said walking over and we stood in an ally. “You want to ask about Egon, don’t you?”

“I do,” I answered and looked her in her purple eyes. “You are the one who sent Egon into my cage when Ligen was holding me captive, right?”

“It was. Nat, I know you want me to free him, but I just-“

“I want you to send me into Egon’s mind so I can talk to him,” I rushed. She looked at me and smiled. She put her hand on my arm and I felt a little tingle in it.

“I’ll try,” she told me has my vision turned back. “Tell him we said hi!” she cried has I fell forward in her arms, falling asleep.

_____________

I awoke in a dark room. It looked glooming and I felt cold chills form. I fixed my glasses and stood up looking around for anyone. I knew that it worked or the guys turned off most of the lights in whatever room they put me in.

“Egon?” I asked walking around. I heard someone groan and I looked up and saw my brother in chains in his own mind. “Egon!” I cried has I ran over to him. It was just an image of what he felt, but it still hurt to see him that way. He looked up weakly at me and smiled weakly.

“Natalie,” he sighed moving a bit. The chains held his arms up against a fake wall. I put my hand on his face and felt his cold skin. “What are you doing here?”

“I had to talk to you,” I answered sitting down next to him. “If you can come see me in my prison, I can come see you in yours.”

“I guess that is only fair,” he laughed. I picked up a piece of his shirt that was torn. On it was a cut that wasn’t deep but was long.

“Egon,” I sighed and he tried to move away from me so I couldn’t see it. Yet he could only move so far.

“It’s nothing,” he told me. “Just a little cut. I’ll be fine.”  

“Egon, they are all over!” I said looking at his skin. “What are they? Are they on your body or is Ligen doing something to your mind?”

“It’s my body. Those demons can still hurt me. Ligen doesn’t feel it because I do. I feel all the pain and all the cuts. It stinks. Nat, you have to free me from him!”

“Egon, I’m trying. I don’t know where he is, I don’t know how to get him out of your body, I just don’t know what to do. It would be really helpful if I had your brain, but I don’t. None of us do. We’re trying out best Egon, but it’s not easy.”

“I understand,” he sighed. I saw a tear on his cheek. I picked up his head so his blue eyes were looking into the same ones I had.

“I promise that I’ll free you from Ligen,” I told him my voice strong. “I won’t let him hurt you and I’ll keep the promise I’ve kept all these years.”

“Which one?” he asked me trying to stop the tears. I wiped them with my thumb so he didn’t look away from me.

“I won’t leave you,” I answered. “I’ll never leave you. I promised that and I’ll keep that. We’ll both get out of this alive. We’ll keep hunting ghost with Peter, Ray, and Winston. You’ll get married to Janine and I’ll get married to Louis. We’ll life a happy life, maybe make more Spengler children, I don’t know. But I’ll have to figure out how to get you out. But promise me that you will keep fighting him until I can get you out, okay?”

“I can make that promise,” he told me laughing. “Come here and give me a hug sis.” I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. I could tell he wanted to wrap his arms around me also, but he couldn’t. He just wanted to know I was there like when he visited me in the cage.

“Natalie, how are things going?” he asked worry in his voice has I pulled away. “Is Janine alright? Please tell me she is.”

“She’s fine,” I answered watching his face relax and he let out the breath he was holding. “She’s helping us catch the ghost.”

“You let her catch ghosts?” Egon cried looking up at me. I smiled.

“She wouldn’t let us talk her out of it. Louis did the same thing. Cora is also with us helping out. Don’t worry, we got most of the big ghost, it’s just the smaller ghost that is out there. That isn’t including demons, goblins, and trolls, all of that stuff. It’s hell out there Egon.”

“I wish I could help out,” Egon sighed.

“We could use you,” I told him. He looked at me and looked down sadly.

“You’re fading,” he told me. I didn’t look down knowing that he was more than likely right. I hugged him again and kissed his cheek.

“I love you Egon,” I told him. “I’ll do everything in my power to get you out of this mess.”

“I know you will,” he told me with a small smile. “I love you.”

“Oh, the guys and gals said hi!” I cried has I felt my mind be pulled.

“Tell them I said hi also!” he yelled has I finally couldn’t see him.

I opened my eyes with a gasp hitting my head on the car roof. Peter and Winston looked at me and Cora opened her eyes. Ray, Janine and Louis were a little bit away, and looked up and say me. Janine ran over with worry on her face.

“Is he alright?” she asked me. I smiled at her and took her hand.

“He asked about you and was very happy to know you were alright,” I answered. “He’s fine, just wants to come home. He said hi.”

“Thank God he is alright,” Winston said. We all smiled and agreed.

“Thanks Cora,” I told her and she smiled at me.

“Least I could do,” she told me. “Now what?” Everyone looked at me and I smiled.

“Let’s go free us a Spengler!”

My play was canceled . We worked so hard on it, it sucks! Oh well, I don't have much to talk about. Peace out my Stars!