Betrayal

"Stay here with Cornelius, Krista" Caesar said, walking towards the door.
"Caesar-" I began to protest, taking a step towards him. The look he gave me made me stop in my tracks, he holds a hand up silently letting me to stop. Betrayal
"Stay. Here" he warned gentle. "Please" he begged, eyes filled with worry.
"Okay, be safe" I whispered, stepping back to Cornelius, who is now standing on his chair.

With one last glance between Cornelius and I, Caesar exited the house.

                       • CAESAR'S POV •

I stalk out, seeing some of our warriors, the ones that were all for koba's rule over the tribe, all wearing war paint, standing behind Koba. His face filled with anger and fury, his hands clenched around the spear he was carrying.
"Where were you?!" Koba exclaims. Trying to look around me, to the house, I step in front of his field of view.
"It was well past dark by the time we went to leave I could not travel back." I said through clenched teeth looking around at the warriors.

He snorts angrily, taking a step toward me. I straighten myself out, standing tall.
"Were is the female human?!" He asks looking around me at the house again. I set my face into one of rage and fury, refusing to answer the question, knowing that Koba was trying to belittle me in front of the other warriors.

"Why are you protective the human?" He yells, this time trying to walk around me to the shack.
"Stay back Koba, this is the only warning I'm giving you" I warn him, growling lowly under my breath. He snorts at me amused, taking another step towards me and shoving me out of the way.

That was the breaking point of my patience. At that moment, I was blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, yet surprisingly satisfying. I reached out. I went to punch him in the face. When my fist came in contact he fell to the ground giving a shout of surprise, as I tried to shake the aching after taste, upon the taste buds of my hand. Much like coffee, its bitterness drew me in to take another sip knowing I would be more awake than minutes before. He screamed at me, taking to his feet, running to take me out. But unfortunately for him I was bigger and faster then he, I tackled him and attempted to hold him down so he could not fight back. I seriously doubt he could've anyway as my fists continued to hit his face. I felt angry I knew that I should stop, but I couldn't stop. So many years of subtle disobedience that sunk deep into my mind and added a divine spice that completed the vexed dish I was serving. I knew I should've put an end to it, stop before I made it worse, but I just didn't have it in me.

Until I heard Krista's sweet voice tainted with fear and worry, screaming for me to stop. I whipped my head around to look at her, her face filled with horror, I felt disgusted with myself. With the look at I forced onto Krista's face.

I stood slowly, getting off Koba's fallen from, catching glances from the apes that were around me, fear and anger etched into their expressions. I turn to face Krista completely, Cornelius gripping tightly to her chest.

Suddenly I was pushed to the ground, I throw my hands out in front of my body to catch myself as a heavy weight pushed me down. I snarl, angered with myself for losing focus. I bring my elbow back, smashing it into koba's already bloodied face. Feeling satisfaction fill my being, when I hear the crack of bones and koba's cry.

I roll onto my back, his form falling from mine, hands still pressed to his face. Jumping to my feet I wait for him to stand. He threw his body weight behind the fist that edged closer to my face, it hit my jaw with such force blood pooled into my mouth. Pain erupted from the point of impact. With my own two hands I grasped his head in my hands and brought my knee cap up to his nose, there was a blunt crack and I released his dark furred head. Crimson leaked from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted and distorted. He drew his fist back again and it ploughed into my stomach, it was like hitting a train head on. My guts smashed together, blood vessels bursting. I repaid this by punching his jaw, my fist collided with all my body weight. I continued this battering until he fell to the floor. His chest gently rose and sank with each shallow breath he drew in.

I looked around at the apes before me, as they all bowed their heads, showing me respect.
"Take Koba and go back to the tribe." I growl out, blood dripping down my chin.
"I will be there shortly" I snarl, giving them a silent warning to get there story straight, because we all knew that they were here to follow Koba in the hopes that he would kill me.

They all quickly dispersed after that. I can feel
Krista's gaze on my back, sinking into my flesh. I turn around to face her, her eyes fill with worry. I walk towards them slowly, she meets me half way. I stop a meter from away but she keeps walking until Cornelius' back is pressed to my stomach. She raises a hand a gently dust's it over the side of my face that koba punched, I lean into it even though it was still very tender.

"Being completely honest" she whispers, a smile clearing up the worried look on her face.
"This is the most interesting experience I've ever had with a guy" she snorts, using her other hand to wrap around the back of my neck, forcing my face down to her level to kiss her.

My eyes flutter shut at the caress of our lips, the sting I feeling from the broken skin there was nothing compared to the feeling that our lips meeting was bringing me. We slowly broke apart, sometime during the kiss my hands hands fallen to her hips, gently rubbing circles into them.
"Are you okay?" She whispers, swiping a thumb over my still closed eyes down to my chin to catch the drops on blood falling from my split lip.

Opening my eyes, I glance down at her now slight blood stained lips. Letting my eyes fall down even further to Cornelius small form, cuddled between the two of us.
"I'm perfect" I mutter, rubbing my forehead against hers.

Absolutely perfect.

_______________________________

I know, I'm fashionable late... or maybe a little longer then that- but that in the past tense (hopefully😗).
I've been flooded with work lately! Which is good for me, not so good for you. I've been writing during breaks but it can only get a girl so far, I mean I've been working from 8:00am till 9:00pm, 7 gosh darn day a week 😪.

On a lighter note, I've figured out a basic pot line! (Yay!)
So no more of this, making it up as I go!

Thanks guys for all your support! I mean god, when I put up that authors note heeps of people messaged and commented me telling me to take my time. It's sooo heart warming!

I couldn't of asked for better readers!
So thank you all so much.
-whitedress24