Chapter 2

A/N: Just a note, the flashbacks are following Cassandra's childhood chronologically. There are time skips between each chapter's flashback, but I have tried to make it as clear as I can when they're set to avoid any confusion. If I have failed miserably, just comment or message me and I will try to clarify. Enjoy, my lovely humans :)

The fire crackled and the clearing was filled with laughs and cheers. Cassandra sat on a small log wedged between Felix and another Lost Boy named Darrel. She had arrived at the camp around half an hour ago and had immediately been greeted by the Lost Boys who had remained at the basecamp. Everyone had gathered around the blaring campfire and one by one, as they noticed how tired Cassandra was, trickled off to do their own thing.

Now the blonde sat staring into the dancing flames as the Lost Boys around her whooped and howled, their spirits still wild and wide awake. Cassandra just longed for the moment when she could sleep, her hammock called to her. She felt her heavy eyelids fluttering shut and instantly she snapped out of her trance. She rubbed her eyes and sat up straight. Until Peter arrived, she would not sleep, she was determined to wait for him. Although, Cassandra had to admit he was taking his time.

A crunch of footsteps could be heard from just beyond the clearing's borders. Cassandra twisted her neck so she could clearly see the area of bushes from which the noises were coming. Branches were pushed aside and through the opening came a trail of Lost Boys. One, two, three entered the clearing and Cassandra's eyes refused to move from the gap, her heart yearning for her first glimpse of Peter. Two people walked through next, side by side. Clambering to her feet, Cassandra's vision focused solely on the emerald eyed boy dressed in his typical dark green and brown attire.

Her heartbeat thudded in her ears and every fibre of her being ached to reach for him. Her blood thrummed violently through her veins, leaving every inch of her body tingling. The boy looked up and met her gaze causing Cassandra's heart to squeeze tightly in her chest. His stare intensified and the girl realised she couldn't stand there any longer. Legs wobbling, Cassandra stumbled into a run, her limbs felt slow and numb and her surroundings dissolved until it was just the two of them. Cassandra and her Peter Pan. Her saviour. Her breaths echoed in her ears; each of her footsteps seemed like a clap of thunder as they brought her nearer and nearer to the boy she had missed more than she thought humanly possible. After what seemed like a lifetime, she finally reached him.

She dived to Peter, latching her arms around his neck. Her body was flush against his. She smiled as she felt his heart beating as vigorously as her own. At last the boy's own arms lifted from where they hung like dead weights at his side. They slowly wrapped themselves around Cassandra's back. She buried her face in his neck as she felt tears spring to her eyes. His hold was strong. Safe. Enveloped in his protective hold, Cassandra knew everything would be fine. She blinked repeatedly to stop her tears from spilling over, there were Lost Boys surrounding them and she refused to cry. Unless she wanted to get mocked for the rest of her days; she had a reputation to uphold. Cassandra pulled back so she could see Peter's face. Her heart fluttered at their proximity, his breath on her face.

"Hello." She beamed, her eyes conveying the deeper meaning behind the single word.

"Andie." Peter grinned, his bright orbs sparkling. Abruptly, the expression on his face shifted, his features contorting into a cruel smirk as his eyes flickered over her shoulder. This wasn't the face of her Peter, this was Peter Pan, King of Neverland. Seeing this look on his face, Cassandra knew their moment was over, he had a game to play. He unravelled his arms from her back and Cassandra begrudgingly unlocked her own from his neck. Peter placed his hand on her waist and twirled her so she stood next to him.