Epilogue

A/N: So to those shocked by the last chapter... I apologise. Here's the epilogue as promised :)  

"I don't understand." Emma stepped forward. Pan slowly looked towards her. He saw a fairly large ring had formed around them: the people he had just frozen, and the Lost Boys. An inaudible gasp left Emma's lips as she saw his bloodshot eyes. He looked truly vulnerable. It was then that Emma realised, as did everyone else watching...

It wasn't a lie. And she wasn't a game. She was just a girl, a girl that he loved.

And he was mourning her.

"I thought I was keeping her safe." He whispered, turning back to the body in his arms.

Emma gingerly moved towards him. That girl was also her daughter- she had wanted to give her, her best chance. She crouched by the boy, expecting some sort of protest. Instead he lay Cassandra on the ground once again, allowing her mother to say goodbye.

Because Cassie had never had one, and she absolutely deserved one.

Stuffing an object in his pocket, Peter stood and marched away. He couldn't bear to look into her empty eyes any longer. The barrier split allowing him to pass through easily; he didn't spare any glances to the Lost Boys who watched him pass, each of whom were in shock.

He kept walking unaware of where he was walking to, the sad truth echoing loudly in his head.

His feet ended up taking him to the docks. He sat on the edge, his legs dangling over the water that subtly bobbed up and down. He stuck his hand into his pocket. Opening his fist, he admired the locket, the chain looped around his fingers. He grabbed the jewellery with his other hand, and clenched it tightly. Raising his arm behind his head, he prepared to pelt it into the water.

He gritted his teeth, groaning in frustration as he tried to move his hand. At last, the limb dropped to his side. He slumped backwards, his back laying on damp wood as he looked up at the sky.

She was gone.

Now that he thought about it, he probably needed to retrieve his heart from her body before it began to weaken and stop. Regina's mother had kept dozens of hearts outside of their owner's body, but his heart wouldn't last when trapped inside a corpse.

Honestly, Peter didn't care all too much. In fact, he didn't care at all. He welcomed death, he could see her again. Although, she'd certainly be angry with him for giving up. He could picture the furrow of her brows, the crease on her forehead as she frowned. Trying to hide that she was secretly pleased to see him.

The stomping of feet could be heard, quickly getting closer and closer. Peter tilted his head backwards even further and saw Hook running towards him. "Pan!" He came to a halt, catching his breath. "The curse has been undone-"

"And you've come to gloat?" He sighed.

"No. To give you a chance." Hook ignored the boy's scoff. "Because, everyone will be returned to the realm they were in before the curse, including Cassandra."

Peter did not react. He was already so numb.

"Listen to me, you're not going to see her ever again. So for bloody sake, say goodbye before you miss your chance and regret it."

"You hated her, and loathed me even more. Why would you give me such a courtesy?"

"I know what it's like to lose someone you love. Nobody deserves that. Not even scum like you."

"So it's nothing to do with the fact that you're trying to worm your way into her mother's life?" He sneered and then suddenly, an idea sparked in his head. He bolted past Hook before the pirate could reply. Eventually Peter heard footsteps as he caught up.