Chapter 7

A/N: Figured I'd give the Lost Boys some more show time

Someone was leaving Neverland. He could sense it. The air buzzed and hummed as it relayed this information to him. Pan glanced upwards and sighed as he discovered this. Alterations to the plan already flying into place within his head. His hands stilled as his vision was clouded by a map of the actions he should take.

"What is it?" Felix queried in concern.

"Someone's leaving Neverland." He breathed, turning to the boy beside him.

"Where?" The pair put down the sticks they had been sharpening. "How shall we stop them?"

"It's too late." A hint of a smile formed on Pan's lips. He noticed how Felix's brows furrowed in confusion. "Don't worry Felix. We simply need to get word to our friends on the ground."

"In Storybrooke?" Felix asked, dumbfounded.

"They can handle this. All it does is move up our timetable a touch. We need to get Henry ready." He stood, deep in thought. From behind him came the rustle of leaves accompanied by the patter of footsteps. He turned just as a slender figure crashed into him, hiding her face against his neck.

"Andie?" At the sound of her name the girl raised her head. Whirling within her dark eyes, amongst the multitude of browns, was an intense guilt. It shone at Pan, begging for forgiveness. Anger flared internally, scolding himself as his heart twanged with empathy for the blonde. Try as he might, he could not sever the bond that tied them. He knew what she had said at Echo Cave. Cassandra was aware of this fact. But there were things she didn't know. Things that Pan had only disclosed to Felix ... and he was in no rush to inform her of them.

"I got the locket." She rummaged in her pocket before producing the simple jewellery.

She knew him far too well; knew he wasn't one for declarations of sentiment, particularly in front of the Lost Boys. So, she found another way for him to express his feelings to her.

Her smile wobbled as she watched him, fearful of his response. He grinned victoriously and took the necklace from her. The item encased in his grip, he allowed the magic to flow through his fist. Uncurling his fingers, he revealed the locket, its chain no longer broken. His heart thumped at the beam on her face.

"Thank you." She said as he fastened it around her neck. She admired the pendant, twirling it between her fingers with a fond smile on her face. She looked up and her eyes glistened with relief. Tilting her head up, she gently captured his lips with hers. The euphoria that erupted in Pan's chest was almost painful. He didn't want to deceive her, it filled him with vile sensations that clogged his veins. Regardless, he had to pretend that everything was fine. He had to hide the heartache and play the game.

A moment later, Cassandra pulled back and gazed at him. The boy with the jungle in his eyes. Peter wasn't in Neverland. Neverland was in him. She knew this. Which was why weights she didn't know existed, lifted from her chest at his understanding. She could see the anguish buried in the looks he gave her. She would be more concerned if there wasn't. However, all that mattered was that he was prepared to forgive her. Truly and completely. Just as she forgave him for the wrongdoings he didn't know she'd discovered.

"I need to have a chat with our friend in the cage." A sly grin graced the boy's lips. "Care to join?"

At the mention of the Darling girl, Cassandra grimaced. "As much as I hate to deny her the pleasure of my company, I'm afraid I really couldn't think of anything worse."

"I'll send her your regards." An absentminded smile on his face, he reached towards her face. His hands like whispers on her skin as he tucked a tendril of hair behind her ear. As if awakening from a daze, he blinked suddenly. His playful expression dropped for a split second before slipping into place again. With one last look at her, he marched to the cage.