Chapter 3

When Starscream returned to the base Megatron and the other Decepticons were already there. Bracing himself to deal with a no doubt angry Megatron he walked in.

Before he could say anything Megatron had grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the wall.

"I told you to watch the base, where have you been and where is Thundercracker?" Megatron demanded angrily.

"The last sparkling was dying, I had to do something to keep it alive," Starscream managed to choke out.

"I don't care about your stupid little sparklings, I gave you an order and you were to have obeyed that order," Megatron told him as he threw him to the ground.

"But lord Megatron the estimates of how many Autobots have survived indicate that we are outnumbered five to one if they all come to earth and with the human's help they are killing our soldiers faster than we can kill them. If we don't find a way to keep sparklings alive our army will be destroyed before we have any chance of defeating the Autobots and our entire race will die out. If we can find a way to keep the sparklings alive we can grow an army a hundred times larger than that of the Autobots and defeat them before they even know we've discovered a way to grow the sparklings," Starscream said kneeling in front of Megatron.

"He speaks the truth, the Autobots may be spread across the universe, but our numbers are drastically less than those of the Autobots, chance of defeating the Autobots without new reinforcements is nearly impossible," Soundwave said.

Megatron looked up sharply at Soundwave obviously just as shocked that he was agreeing with Starscream as Starscream was.

"Fine, you may continue you're attempts to keep the sparklings alive," Megatron said then suddenly back handed Starscream hard enough to knock him to the ground, "But if you ever do anything without my permission again I will make you regret it."

"Yes lord Megatron," Starscream replied as he got up.

"Did you manage to keep the sparkling alive?" Megatron asked.

"It's not possible to tell if it will survive yet, but it was still alive and seemed to be doing well when I left," Starscream replied.

"Where did you leave it and why didn't you bring it back here?" Megatron demanded.

"The only possible way to keep it alive without more energon was to place it in a femme to be carried. I was unable to capture one of the Autobot femmes so as a last resort I used a human which could not survive here," Starscream explained.

"That's disgusting, it better not have been my clone that you stuck in some gross little human," a Decepticon said.

"I can't believe you would use a human," Megatron said making no attempt to hide his disgust and disapproval.

"It may not be the most appealing way of keeping the sparkling alive, but if it does survive we'll be able to ensure the survival of our race. We could clone as many new Decepticons as we want if we can use human women to carry them. Then once our forces vastly outnumber the Autobots we can defeat them easily without them ever realizing how many of us there are," Starscream told him.

"Starscream you're an idiot, do you really think Prime wouldn't become suspicious as to why we're taking human women and do everything in his power to stop us and protect the humans once he finds out?" Megatron asked.

"If we do this carefully the Autobots won't have any idea what we're doing until it's too late," Starscream replied.

"You think we could take the hundreds of women it would take to grow a large enough army to crush the Autobots without them noticing that we're taking them?" Megatron demanded.