Part 1: Chapter 3

"Ginny what was so urgent that I had to get out of my warm bed at six am on Valentine's Day and rush over here?" Hermione said irritatedly as she stepped out of the fireplace at Harry and Ginny's home. "Your bloody patronus nearly woke up Scorpius and Draco!"

"Shhh! Follow me!" Ginny grabbed Hermione by the arm and pulled her into the downstairs guest bathroom. "I need you to drive me to St. Mungo's"

Hermione's eyebrows raised in alarm. "What for?! Ginny are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine!" Ginny whispered. "I think I might be pregnant again."

Hermione's eyes widened and she practically squealed in excitement.

"Shhh! Hermione!" Ginny replied, laughing.

"Why are we being quiet?" Hermione asked. "Have you not told Harry?"

Ginny shook her head. "I want to surprise him, but I need to confirm it. Will you drive me or not?"

Hermione agreed and they secretly took Harry's car to St. Mungo's giggling the entire way.

Hermione arrived back home from her early morning adventure with Ginny the way she always left Ginny, laughing with a smile on her face. Draco was in the kitchen trying to feed himself and Scorpius. Hermione walked in and kissed both of her men before grabbing a cup of tea for herself.

"Happy Valentine's Day Hermy. You're in a good mood this morning," Draco observed with a smile. "Where have you been off to so early?"

"Ginny needed me to drive her somewhere."

Draco raised an eyebrow at her and she shook her head. "Nothing to worry about."

Later that morning, Hermione was in her office at the ministry catching up on paperwork when there was a knock at her door. Elise poked her head in with a worried look on her face.

"Mrs. Malfoy? The head auror is here and wishes to speak to you; he says it's urgent."

Hermione looked up with a concerned expression. "Let him in."

Harry walked in and took the seat across from Hermione's desk. She put down her quill and folded her hands waiting for him to speak.

"I'll get straight to the point 'Mione. There was a mass killing of muggles in Paris last night; At least ten dead and many more injured."

Hermione gasped. "And you think a wizard was involved?"

Harry nodded. "We know it was a wizard. I've just come back from a meeting with the head auror in France and Germany. This is the third attack in the last six months. The first one was in Leeds and the second was in Germany.

"My word! That's horrible! Any idea on who it may be? Or why they're doing it?"

He shook his head. "That's why I came to you."

"Me? What can I do?"

He handed her a stack of photographs. "These are all from the crime scenes. Whoever is doing this, leaves a sort of signature each time. I'm pretty sure it's in ancient runes but whatever it is, our translators have been unable to figure it out."

Hermione examined the photos and grabbed her quill and some parchment, writing down her initial analysis before looking back at Harry.

He ran his hand through his hair, making it more unruly than it had been. Hermione reached over her desk unconsciously and tried to smooth it back down, causing Harry to laugh.

"I didn't want to bring this to you because I know you've got a lot on your plate already and Draco will kill me if he finds out I--"

"Draco Malfoy does not control me," Hermione replied, crossing her arms defiantly across her chest.