Part 4: Chapter 8

LYRA

Lyra Malfoy - 24

Athena Malfoy-Potter - 28

Natalie Perez - 21

April 2035

"Eddy stop throwing things at your sister! Albus can you please get your children; I'm trying to have tea with my sister."

Albus came into the room with a smile on his face. "I've got them, honey. Sorry, I was trying to help Emmy with her arithmetic. This muggle math his difficult." He kissed Athena on her forehead and gave Lyra a quick hug before picking up their youngest daughter Amelia from her playpen and corralling Edmon, and their second set of twins, Iris and Eros, out of the room.

"Sorry Lyra," Athena commented as she settled back into the couch. "It's a madhouse around here."

"It's okay. I just can't believe you've got six and are expecting again. How do you manage work with this crew?"

Athena shrugged. "Some days I work from home but most days Albus' mum keeps them. We'd be lost without her." She shook her head. "But enough about me. What's going on with you? It must be serious if you took time from your travels to stop by."

"Well," Lyra started hesitantly. "I may be done traveling."

Athena's eyebrows rose. "Well, that's certainly an interesting development. I'm sure mum was pleased to hear it."

"I haven't exactly told mum and dad yet."

"I'm sensing there's more to the story than you're letting on."

Lyra nodded and took a sip of her tea. "I'm just trying to figure out the best way to tell you."

"Oh, Lyra tell me you're not pregnant."

"Merlin no!" Lyra responded quickly. "There's absolutely no way that's possible," she said with a laugh.

"Oh. Okay good. Well, what is it? You know you can tell me anything."

"I met someone."

"You did!? That's so exciting! Why were you nervous about telling me--ohhhh. This someone isn't a man is it?"

Lyra's jaw dropped. "How did you know?!"

Athena scoffed. "I'm your sister."

"Still. I didn't even know I fancied girls until I met Natalie."

"Oh please." Athena rolled her eyes. "I saw how you used to look at Lily when we were growing up."

Lyra felt her cheeks redden. "So you're not angry?"

"Why would I be angry? Wait. Is that why you haven't told mum and dad yet? You think they'll be upset?"

Lyra nodded hesitantly. "You don't think they will be?"