Chapter 3: The Power Outage

Rainbow's POV:

I swear I could fly away without flapping when Soarin kissed me. We headed over towards the Mess Hall where Spitfire lecturing us.. "Listen up Bolts, I'm not sure if this storm's going to get any worse, but I want all of us stay here for the night. It's to dangerous to fly home in this weather." "A Wonderbolt slumber party, yas!" Surprise exclaimed. I swear she's like Pinkie Pie with wings (reference: Surprise is G1 Pinkie Pie). We all heard another crack of lightning, everything went black. "Dang it!" Spitfire exclaimed "now the power's out, I'll go check the fuse box, you guys head on back to the bunks." We were trying to make our way back, when Surprise accidently bumped into me. "BTW, ClipperCrash is da best ship," she whispered, I rolled my eyes, I couldn't help blushing a little. I turned a corner and bumped into somepony and fell backwards "sorry, didn't see you there." I apologized. "You're fine, Rainbow." he said, helping me up. It was Soarin, "I managed to find a flashlight while stumbling around in the dark." he said. "Now I can finally see everything." I said "quick let's lead the other Bolts back to the bunks."

Surprise's POV:

I was quietly hanging around the corner "why am I eavesdropping on my OTP?" I asked myself, "first, I secretly saw what happened in the locker room, now this." I saw them heading in my direction, I ran to catch up with the rest of the group. Soarin and Rainbow lead us back to the bunks, an idea came to me. "How 'bout we tell stories till Spitfire gets back?" I said. "I dunno, Surprise." said High Winds. "Spitfire might get mad at us." said Thunderlane. "Who cares what she thinks?" I said. They looked at me like I was crazy "I can't believe you had the guts to say that.." said Rainbow. "C'mon guys, join me." I asked. They all came and sat in a circle with me (guess who was sitting next to who?). Anyway, I grabbed the flashlight. "Now then, it was a stormy, eerie night, just like this." Lighting cracks. "There was a power outage throughout the whole city. All because of the Electric Shadow Pony." "Lame!" Misty exclaimed. "Hey," I said "Anyway.." Lightning cracks.

Time Skip

"When the last pony was searching the halls, the lights flickered, there standing right behind her was... THE ELECTRIC SHADOW PONY!!" I yelled, thunder cracked, I laughed manically. I looked around the room High Winds was terrified, some were staring at the ground (strange). "Please, you call that scary?" said Rainbow "I bet I could do better." The lights flickered, "OMC, d-did you see that." said Misty. "Ok, now I'm scared." said Fleetfoot. "Come on, guys. There's nothing to be scared of, I'll go check the halls." Rainbow said. I followed close behind. There was nothing, "you see guys, nothing." I said, regaining confidence. The light came on, "you Bolts are supposed to be in bed!!" a booming voice yelled. Startled, Dash and I almost hit the ceiling. I was hyperventilating "Spitfire, you nearly scared the heck out of me." Rainbow said. "I think it's time for bed." I said, flying back down to my bed and hiding under the covers. "Dashie, are you okay?" Soarin asked. "Yeah, I'm good, just startled." she said. "Lights out." Spitfire said, turning off the lights, we all went to sleep. I kept staring at the ceiling, still mortified.