Chapter 5: The Date

Rainbow's POV:

I got home pretty late last night. First, I had to head back to HQ to get my things, listen to a lecture about yesterday's show, said goodbye to everypony about twenty times (especially Surprise, who gave me a super tight hug), and I spent the rest of my day with my friends. I didn't get home till about ten. I flew upstairs, took a shower, flopped onto my bed and fell asleep. My alarm went at seven in the morning, "ugh.." I groaned. "Guess I forgot to turn this thing off." I turned it off, and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I put my robe on and went downstairs and made a cup of coffee. I sat down on the couch, Tank climbed up and joined me. At around eight, somepony knocked at my door. I flew off the couch and opened the door, it was Soarin. "Uh, hey Rainbow." he started. "Hey Soar." I said "what are you doing here?" A/N: Dashie, can't you see he wants to ask you out? "You see, um, would you like come hang out me later today?" OMC, did he just ask me out? "Sure Soar, I would love too." I responded. "Okay, see you at three.. Dashie." he said. The nickname made me blush, Soarin chuckled. He hugged me then flew off. It was chilly outside, but I didn't care. I met Soarin down at Sugarcube Corner, he was wearing a green scarf around his neck. We went inside and I saw Pinkie, she gasped. "Does mean what I think it means?!" she squealed. "Yes Pinkie." I said "now keep it down." "Got it." she said. Soarin and I sat down at a table, "now what can I get you two, lovebirds?" she giggled. "I'll have a cupcake." I said. "I'll have some apple pie." said Soarin. Pinkie left, "so how you doing?" he asked casually. "Great, yesterday's show was good. You were pretty awesome too." I said, did I say that out loud? Soarin smiled, he put his hoof on mine, there goes my blushing again! "Here you go, enjoy!" Pinkie exclaimed, setting our food down. She left, "after this, you wanna go to the park?" Soarin asked. "Sure." We finished up and headed towards the park.

Pinkie's POV

"Ah, last customer of the day." I sighed "see you later!" "Yeah.. see ya." the stranger said, threateningly. "Huh, seems like he's upset about something." I said "oh well, off to play with the twins!"

Soarin's POV

Dashie and I strolled through the park. The sun was soon setting, we sat down on the fountain. "This sunset sure is beautiful." said Rainbow. "Like you." I said, staring into her magenta eyes. "What?" she said. "Nothing." I said. She turned away, I smirked at her and splashed her. "Dude, you know it's cold out here, why'd you splash me?" she asked. "So I could do this." I wrapped my wing around her and cuddled her. "Oh I see.." she said mischievously. She cuddled up closer and kissed me, I kissed her back. It got darker, I offered to flew Rainbow home. She said yes, on the way back it got colder. Rainbow shivered, I wrapped my scarf around her. "Thanks, Soar." she said. "You're welcome, Dashie." I said. "Oh, Celestia.." she said. "What?" I asked, confused. "That." I looked in her direction "hello, Rainbow." the pegasus said. "Zephyr Breeze.." she mumbled.

A/N: Haha a cliffhanger! Hope you enjoyed this chappie guys, new updates coming soon. Signing off for now..

Starlight Story