Twenty-Eight- "Are you still my girl?"

"You okay, Henry?" Victor asked as the three boys sat out in the Bowers's front yard. Henry was sat directly in front of Belch's car while Belch and Victor were leaned up against the side windows. 

Henry sat quietly, still shaken up by his father's actions. He never would've thought his dad would've tried to scare him light that.

A gust of wind hit the Bowers boy's face and blew his hair back. The sound of faint laughter drifted in the breeze, directly into Henry's ears.

Henry stood up from the ground and followed the source of the sound, finding that his mailbox had a red balloon tied to whatever was hidden inside. The laughter appeared to be emitting from inside the Bowers's mailbox.

Hesitantly, Henry approached the box, all the while keeping his eyes fixated on the red balloon. It was eery and strange, for he hadn't seen anyone come by with a balloon that afternoon. It was like it had appeared out of nowhere.

He stopped in front of the box and shifted his gaze, slowly opening the front side. Inside was a package covered in a brown wrapping paper.

Reaching for the package and removing it from the mailbox, Henry's heart began to race in his chest. He ripped the paper back while his hands shook and found a red box inside.

Upon opening the lid, Henry gasped in surprise at what he found on the inside. His father's knife, the one he'd lost in the woods that fateful day was covered in dirt, yet perfectly placed inside the box.

Henry's whole body shook in terror, as he didn't know who'd sent the weapon to him. Dirt and leaves also came with the gift, so he knew that whoever had sent it had been searching the woods for it.

The Bowers boy pulled the knife out of the box and switched the blade, finding that it had been sharpened immensely

The Bowers boy pulled the knife out of the box and switched the blade, finding that it had been sharpened immensely. This knife could kill easily.

Henry found himself walking towards his house, somehow not in control of his own body. He walked into the living room, to where his father was peacefully sleeping on the couch, watching a strange television show. 

"What was your favourite part of today?"

Henry closed the door behind him. He stared down at his drunk of a father.

"I liked seeing the clown!" 

"Really? Would you like to see the clown?"

Henry approached his father's chair and noticed the several beer bottles scattered across the coffee table. In the corner of his eye, Henry noticed the television show.

"I like it when the bubbles float." One of the children on the television said.

"Well, we all float!" The adult told the children, "and you will too, Henry." She smiled maniacally, "make it a wonderful day. Kill him."

"Kill him!" One of the children smiled. "Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!" They all began to shout in unison.

Henry found himself hovering over his father, with the switchblade pressed to his neck. His body was no longer his own, somehow controlled by something else. Henry's eyes widened in fear and his hand pressed the switch, cutting into his father's exposed neck.